Speaking of teenagers... dress codes

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brute 23":hjfkvfqs said:
show time":hjfkvfqs said:
I would pull my son out of school it there was a dress code! For one, it would be a fight every morning on why he can't wear his cinch jeans and ariat boots, not to mention...no hat!!! Yikes! I wouldn't want to dress like a tard, why would I expect the kids to?? And BTW I happen to have no prob with boobs and butts. My boobs occasionally show...and...sometimes my crack shows w/ the low rise jeans :shock: Big deal, everybody has a booty and everybody has seen belly and boobs...like on TV. :???:

That's half the reason I went to school... the other half was because it was quicker to get the word out about a party at school than call every one. :kid:

Show time, I am afraid you'd be spending a lot of time out in the portable with me, sitting in a little blue cubicle with no one to appreciate your physical attributes, copying the dress code out of the handbook over and over and over...

As for the "tard" remark, I hope you pray every day that your son isn't in an accident or has an illness that causes him to lose cognitive function. I'd hate for you to have to be the mother of a "tard". I'm not into PC, but that's a pretty insensitive remark. It gets me mad every time someone says that, not realizing how it sounds to others who might have friends of family members with cognitive issues.

Thank God every day for your healthy child. I do. Don't take it for granted. All that can change with one wrong step.

LOl, Lammie. Wow...you sure can twist things! All I'm saying is I am comfortable w/ bodies. If the school's would focus on teaching rather than attire, our kids would be much better off. Sounds like somebody is stuck on a little power trip when it comes to this topic.
I am very thankful for my child's health, I'm not sure how you got so off track with that comment.

Lammie":39nviy85 said:
Brute 23":39nviy85 said:
show time":39nviy85 said:
I would pull my son out of school it there was a dress code! For one, it would be a fight every morning on why he can't wear his cinch jeans and ariat boots, not to mention...no hat!!! Yikes! I wouldn't want to dress like a tard, why would I expect the kids to?? And BTW I happen to have no prob with boobs and butts. My boobs occasionally show...and...sometimes my crack shows w/ the low rise jeans :shock: Big deal, everybody has a booty and everybody has seen belly and boobs...like on TV. :???:

That's half the reason I went to school... the other half was because it was quicker to get the word out about a party at school than call every one. :kid:

Show time, I am afraid you'd be spending a lot of time out in the portable with me, sitting in a little blue cubicle with no one to appreciate your physical attributes, copying the dress code out of the handbook over and over and over...

As for the "tard" remark, I hope you pray every day that your son isn't in an accident or has an illness that causes him to lose cognitive function. I'd hate for you to have to be the mother of a "tard". I'm not into PC, but that's a pretty insensitive remark. It gets me mad every time someone says that, not realizing how it sounds to others who might have friends of family members with cognitive issues.

Thank God every day for your healthy child. I do. Don't take it for granted. All that can change with one wrong step.

well said! :clap:

show time":1bupeflb said:
LOl, Lammie. Wow...you sure can twist things! All I'm saying is I am comfortable w/ bodies. If the school's would focus on teaching rather than attire, our kids would be much better off. Sounds like somebody is stuck on a little power trip when it comes to this topic.
I am very thankful for my child's health, I'm not sure how you got so off track with that comment.

You were the one that made the "tard" comment, and it really stuck a nerve. I really hate that kind of talk.

No power trip here. That's my job. If someone shows the three B's, they can come out here and commit the dress code to memory so that tomorrow, standing in front of the closet, they can ask themselves if they would rather be sexy and alone in a cubicle or in code and with their friends. I could care less how anyone dresses over the weekend. There are plenty of jobs where you can show your body to your heart's content, and plenty where you can't. Rules are rules. I don't make them, I just enforce them. Dress code is set by the school board, who were elected.

Dress code is a part of a foundation. If you don't have a good foundation, you can't have anything else on top.

Some things you have to do just as a part of basic discipline. And sometimes you just have to do what you are told to do. That's life.

Lammie":2bgt4pou said:
Dress code is a part of a foundation. If you don't have a good foundation, you can't have anything else on top.

Some things you have to do just as a part of basic discipline. And sometimes you just have to do what you are told to do. That's life.

I see where Lammie is coming from. If Im sitting in class and every girl there is showing off what god gave her, the last thing I will be thinking about is what molecule the teacher is drawing on the board or other subject they are covering. In order for kids to learn you first have to be able to promote a stable learning environment. If not, you are wasting everyones time and being a whole lot less productive

This is the problem with society right now...

One group says you should be able to show you body if you like, its yours, its part of life, ect...

The next group says I don't want to see your body, we need structure, rules, ect...

Both make good point. Neither will try to meet in the middle on common ground. They will argue and fight over it... and we wonder why the divorce rate is so high. Compromise is an out dated word.

Brute 23":2t5lxvim said:
This is the problem with society right now...

One group says you should be able to show you body if you like, its yours, its part of life, ect...

The next group says I don't want to see your body, we need structure, rules, ect...

Both make good point. Neither will try to meet in the middle on common ground. They will argue and fight over it... and we wonder why the divorce rate is so high. Compromise is an out dated word.

Seems morality, modesty and self-respect (as well as respect for others) is too.

Don't forget commen sence doesn't seem to exist any more either. Like common sence that would tell kids that this is innapropriate to wear to school and that they way I dress might offend people. Society is self centered and teaches kids to be self centered so who would think about what they do might affect others.

iowafarmer":3qma5llt said:
Don't forget commen sence doesn't seem to exist any more either. Like common sence that would tell kids that this is innapropriate to wear to school and that they way I dress might offend people. Society is self centered and teaches kids to be self centered so who would think about what they do might affect others.

It's hard for kids to have common sense when their parents don't have any either.

iowahawkeyes":3uh5tuqw said:
iowafarmer":3uh5tuqw said:

It's hard for kids to have common sense when their parents don't have any either.
and it gets worse with each generation...think about how many kids are in broken homes nowdays. single moms raising kids. that they cant deal with when they hit their teens.. then those teens become adults get married got no idea what the he#! family values even mean much less been around it, have a kid or two then divorced and on to the next ......THATS WHY WE NEED MORE STRICT RULES AND GUIDELINES IN SCHOOL AND STAFF TO ENFORCE THEM

alacattleman":17x2cy41 said:
then those teens become adults get married got no idea what the he#! family values even mean much less been around it, have a kid or two then divorced and on to the next ......

You are behind the times. They don't get married and divorced any more they just have kids. Maybe the father shacks up with the mom for a few years, maybe not.

http://www.houmatoday.com/article/20090 ... of-wedlock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts