Space Shuttle

Help Support CattleToday:

VanC

Reaction score
She's due to launch at 7:55 ET tonight, about a half hour from now. Fox News will carry it, but I don't know about anyone else. Always an awesome sight, especially at night.

VanC":1qi23ofv said:
She's due to launch at 7:55 ET tonight, about a half hour from now. Fox News will carry it, but I don't know about anyone else. Always an awesome sight, especially at night.
No ill feelings to your post Van, but dont you think we should be solving problems on this planet without spending billions on space research?

With algores global warming we have to have someplace to move to

Crowderfarms":109kbkgz said:
VanC":109kbkgz said:
No ill feelings to your post Van, but dont you think we should be solving problems on this planet without spending billions on space research?

Yeah, but without space research we wouldn't be able to buy zero gravity ink pens on QVC for $29.95!

There's a funeral parlour that wants to buy a piece of the Moon and scatter ashes of the deceased, and then have Moon travel holidays for the loved ones to visit. How bazaar it that, and who would you buy the land from as who owns the Moon to sell it to them??????

chrisy":2ousxlno said:
There's a funeral parlour that wants to buy a piece of the Moon and scatter ashes of the deceased, and then have Moon travel holidays for the loved ones to visit. How bazaar it that, and who would you buy the land from as who owns the Moon to sell it to them??????

Well, I guess since the USofA planted several flags.... but then you would have to go thru Russian space to get their.

Angus Cowman":3ufhqiu3 said:
dun":3ufhqiu3 said:
With algores global warming we have to have someplace to move to

Dun when we move to outer space are we gonna be able to raise cows there or do we have to become vegetarians? I don't like asparagus

We'll just be swallowing a pill with all of our nutrition taken care of.

Crowderfarms":t0ytsn4b said:
VanC":t0ytsn4b said:

Your comments do raise a good question, but search this site and you'll find that many experiments that yield results to HELP OUR PLANET can only be done in zero gravity (outer space).

http://doe.sd.gov/octa/ddn4learning/ThemeUnits/Space/station.htm

I want to add my support to our space program. The civilian spin off is huge. A great nation does these sorts of things. And there are military applications that keep us safer.
I wouldn't know a lunar rover if it bit me, but I am using a computer bigger than the computers that powered the moon landings.
Tang alone should be worth the money. :lol2: :lol2:

If it wasn't for the space program we would be using computers with vacuum tubes and to do what our pc do would fill a 12x16 room. It is not all bad and where there is tax dollars it ant all good either.

Space program...hmmmm. I was around when the first astronaut punched thru into outer space. Incredible.

I'm somewhat jaded about it now...I think it's progressed to fast...meaning, I think some of the safeguards have been bypassed resulting in tragedy.

That said, Van got me a GPS for Christmas...again, INCREDIBLE! Especially for me...someone who can get lost in a closet... :oops:

Alice

One thing that always seems to amaze me is, we are going into a World resection but they always seem to find money for this type of project and War. But never enough to help us little folk out? does it not make you wonder?
who is financing all this stuff? the Banks? that can't fund the Housing market, Farmers, Investors?????
I am not opposed to it and yes it is a wonderful site, but surely we should get our priorities right and get things here sorted out first. sorry for my rant IJMO..just one more thing OR is it they are trying to make us believe we are in resection just to put up Taxes and the price of the bare essentials that we need to live??????

Crowderfarms":8fhpatn7 said:
VanC":8fhpatn7 said:

I'm sure there were folks telling the King and Queen of Spain something very similar when Columbus and other explorers set sail.

I can't imagine where weather forecasting and tracking, rural television and whole list of other things you take for granite would be without space based technology.

dcara":2f8c56sy said:
I can't imagine where weather forecasting and tracking, rural television and whole list of other things you take for granite would be without space based technology.

I sure don;tthink the weather guessers would be any less accurate then they are now. Without rural tv maybe folks would spend more time with their familys, would read more and the world in general wouldn;t be as screwed up!

dcara":12i2030m said:
Crowderfarms":12i2030m said:
VanC":12i2030m said:

I'm sure there were folks telling the King and Queen of Spain something very similar when Columbus and other explorers set sail.

First off what i take for granted (not Granite) aint none of your business. I get where your coming from another, why we even have Pin Point Dopler radar here. It's about as reliable as a multi-peckered nanny goat.