Soybeans

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus":33i49m67 said:
Had you not spent so much time in the garden making us all look bad you'd already be done. ;-)

LOL good one... Hows everything going with you jogeephus? Still busy ?

highgrit":17a838sq said:
Soybeans are high dollar now. I feed them to the deer and the last I bought were $650.00 per ton.

Yes, Sir they are high I raised 2700 acres this year the most I have ever raised. It was rough but I think its worth it in the long run may try to do 3500 acres next year. I have never thought of feeding it to deer.

I'm sure you've fed more deer soybeans than you'd care to admit. Now you can reap your revenge.

We are getting wound up here now. Looks like the end of hunting for me.

Jogeephus":8w6wj4ra said:
I'm sure you've fed more deer soybeans than you'd care to admit. Now you can reap your revenge.

We are getting wound up here now. Looks like the end of hunting for me.

lol this is true.... we hunt till first weekend in january here. I am just really getting started good now. I wish it would snow here soon i love hunting in snow.

skyhightree1":zf0q4ai5 said:
highgrit":zf0q4ai5 said:
Soybeans are high dollar now. I feed them to the deer and the last I bought were $650.00 per ton.

Yes, Sir they are high I raised 2700 acres this year the most I have ever raised. It was rough but I think its worth it in the long run may try to do 3500 acres next year. I have never thought of feeding it to deer.

How are those black spotted soy beans doing? You've been a busy beaver going from not knowing anything about them to planting 2500 acres in 2 years
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=62326&p=726542&hilit=Soybeans#p726542

I didn't see any 2500 acre pieces up that way, but saw a few 70 acre pieces
https://sites.google.com/site/jawfshts/ ... 93310de4_4

Hook":u4d05kcs said:
skyhightree1":u4d05kcs said:
highgrit":u4d05kcs said:

How are those black spotted soy beans doing? You've been a busy beaver going from not knowing anything about them to planting 2500 acres in 2 years

Okay, I'm lost here?

TennesseeTuxedo":3qn7yqiz said:
Okay, I'm lost here?

Me too. Must have something to do with free rent.

Sky, what ever became of those beans? Were they Douchi soybeans? Douchi if it were douchi you could have made a fortune selling them to the health food folks. Pretty expensive. $28 for a can at Wallie world.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/19475706?wmls ... 72&veh=sem

TexasBred":3hkg0fiy said:
Hook":3hkg0fiy said:

Envy and hate will consume a man like a nasty disease. :nod:
No envy or hate. I would love to hear how a man goes from not knowing about soybeans to growing 2500 acres of them in 2 years time. Id love to hear how he accomplished such a lofty achievement. Some others brought this information to me. Lord knows I'm not smart enough to figure this stuff out on my own

Hook":348pjfsa said:
No envy or hate. I would love to hear how a man goes from not knowing about soybeans to growing 2500 acres of them in 2 years time. Id love to hear how he accomplished such a lofty achievement. Some others brought this information to me. Lord knows I'm not smart enough to figure this stuff out on my own[/quote]

I figure about 30 minutes picking the brain of another bean farmer and the necessary seed, fertilizer, land and equipment and you got a crop.

Hook":11rsgak9 said:
TexasBred":11rsgak9 said:
Hook":11rsgak9 said:

No envy or hate. I would love to hear how a man goes from not knowing about soybeans to growing 2500 acres of them in 2 years time. Id love to hear how he accomplished such a lofty achievement. Some others brought this information to me. Lord knows I'm not smart enough to figure this stuff out on my own
Beans are about the easiest crop to grow in the right climate, or with irrigation. Put plenty of seed on and spray them a couple times for weeds, or aphids, or japs, and your good to go.
Thank the Lord every night for the Soybean, because I think Southern IL would of been sunk quite a few times without it. (2012 5 bushel corn, 35 bushel beans)

Hook":2t95o38j said:
skyhightree1":2t95o38j said:
highgrit":2t95o38j said:

I could not get anything from that second link. It appears as though you tried to investigate another man's property with Google and then post the information on the internet. If that's the case, you should be ashamed. If I'm wrong. My apologies.

I now know how Alice must have felt when she followed the rabbit down the hole. Thanks, this has been interesting.

I have never seen them grow soy beans around here. I see lots of corn, some milo, some cotton and some sunflowers to the north but no beans. Is this not a good climate for beans?

Latest posts