Southeast Classic

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
The Southeast Angus Classic sale is coming up in two weeks.

http://www.angusjournal.com/salebooks/s ... pi/#page/2

This sale requires that all cows consigned be AI sired, if they have a calf at side the calf has to be AI sired and if the cow is bred back she has to have been AI'd at least once. Are there any other sales that have this type of criteria?

Gizmom

I know that I am an odd-man out but just using AI for a culling or selecting point is not my cup of tea. It's good to let folks know that you have cattle for sale and such and if they have an AI bull that has been the charm for them there is a way to buy some influence.

When I look at a program or a catalog I try to figure out what the folks are doing on their farm or ranch. When I see AI bulls stacked for generations and/or few females in the pedigree of the offerings with the seller's prefix I am pretty sure that they are interested in higher prices and wider sale audiences. On the other hand, if I see breeders stacking generations or exhibiting confidence in their own cattle, including the bulls they raise, then I am getting closer to a person who understands the need, or should I say joy or satisfaction, for cattle with a fixed background. I guess it is the same type mindset that divides the offensive team and the defensive team in football. One had the corporate mindset of exact execution and the other had the need to consider disruption as a goal. It all boils down to human nature and what we think is in the pot at the end of the rainbow.

Just saying.

Ebenezer

I understand what your saying I do like looking at a production sale catalog and seeing that the producer has a program. But as stated this is a consignment sale lots of different consignors. The quality of the cattle at this sale has always been very good. I was just curious if any other sales have requirements like this. I don't know of any Angus sale that does at least not in our region, but I don't know about other breeds.

Gizmom

Latest posts