soooo tired

Help Support CattleToday:

Definitely a touchy situation. I've always been told that God gave you friends is to make up for family. Good Luck!

wild one":2siwuh0y said:
thanks everyone.
i can't stress enough to the younger and up coming farming generation the need to discuss goals and plans with the older generation, to get the feel of what they expect and want. To Get It In Writing. To live on a different quarter.
To the older generation, succession plans are a necesary business plan and just because you don't know anyone who does it doesn't make it wrong. Just means you don't know what goes on behind the fences. That you need to express what you want and expect and listen to the younger generation as to what they want and expect.

my thoughts for the day.
thanks again
PS are there any generation farms that work with out the hard feelings?
\

Yes.. there are generation farms that work without the hard feelings. I am in one of those, and consider myself to be very fortunate and blessed to say the least. My family, as well as my wife's family are one of great integrity, decency, and good morals, and keep things fair and above board. NO greed, selfishness exists between any of us. All agreements that are meaningful for the future (children, grandkids, etc) is all legally taken care of. Its been that way since a couple of generations ago. As I have said.. I do feel fortunate to be part of a really good family that does not have hard feelings involved with the farm/ranch in the past or now.

Latest posts