I'm tired.

Help Support CattleToday:

Silver

Reaction score
I've been helping the BTO neighbour the last two days to wean and sort calves. Four of us in rather poor facilities (in my mind) managed to do about 1200 pairs. I think I've done my neighbourly duty and they can make do without me for the rest of it. I'm feeling kind of old tonight :lol:

I should have taken this picture of the cows in panoramic mode, it only takes in a fraction of them. But I thought it made a neat picture with them all facing me.

RkUblOS.jpg

With 1200 pairs, you should be sorting in a big 100x300' barn with multiple pens, good gravel floor and a fancy Stampede Steel system, and a heated lunch room. If not, I am curious what he spends his money on...

Aaron said:
With 1200 pairs, you should be sorting in a big 100x300' barn with multiple pens, good gravel floor and a fancy Stampede Steel system, and a heated lunch room. If not, I am curious what he spends his money on...

Well, we did process about 600 calves a few days ago through a facility that had the squeeze (hydraulic Silencer) and alley in a heated facility. Didn't help me, I was pushing calves up in the cold.
One thing I have decided is that I'm not interested in becoming a BTO. Small time is good for me.

Great pic! Good bunch of working cows.

You should move down here... I don't need help with cattle, but there's some firewood to be done ;)

That is one of the things I really like about this place I now live in, the neighbors. Coming from an area where lots of neighbors don't even talk to each other it was a very good change. here neighbors help with brandings, gatherings, sort and shipping, and even haying if their help is needed.

DANG!! You may need new neighbors with a few less cows. 😅🤡 I want to run all their fuzzy heads!!!
So tell us does your neighbor's cows ALL have names?! 😅😂🙋🏾‍♀️

Chevy said:
DANG!! You may need new neighbors with a few less cows. 😅🤡 I want to run all their fuzzy heads!!!

Seems like most of them were called Sweetheart. Some were called "Look out!!"

Silver said:
Chevy said:

Seems like most of them were called Sweetheart. Some were called "Look out!!"

Sweetheart or Shiithead, take your pick.

You have given me a new goal Silver.😂

We take delivery of another 70 cows this weekend.🤪

Latest posts