something to think about

Help Support CattleToday:

certherfbeef

Reaction score
This past week one of the best men I ever knew passed away suddenly. He helped many, many people and touched the lives of everyone he came in contact with. To know him is to love him.
He loved to help folks in life and he found a way to help more folks in his death. He was not only a friend but family as well.

He was an organ donor but because he died while at home doing chores they could not harvest his organs. But they did use his pelvis, the big bones in his legs, his eyes, bone marrow and skin.
We were told that he will help 57 people and 35 of those will be life saving.

I want everyone to consider being an organ donor if you are not already. Think of all the lives you will be bettering or saving with this unselfish act.

I'm sorry for your loss, but am glad you started this thread. There are many people who are on waiting lists for organs.

Sorry for your loss, I agree with the donating of organs, wife and I and all three (adult) children are registered. I was a blood donor as well, untill I contracted a tropical disease that made me inelligible,Blood donors are also in short supply!

Sorry about your friend certherfbeef. I too am an organ donor. I ride motorcycles and work cows by myself :lol: Just trying to maybe make you smile once.

Seriously though I am an organ donor and carry the card with me at all times.

Thanks guys.
Good to hear that other folk are donors as well. Wasn't sure how many people out there even considered being organ donors.

It was hard knowing that he wasn't whole when we buried him.

I am sorry for your friend's family.

I signed the card for human implant only. I have been on the national marrow donar list for years.

I hope that I can donate marrow some day but at the same time hope that no one will every need it.

Lost a close friend many years ago and his mother donated a lot of his organs, bone, skin, etc. to those who needed it. Ever since then I swore I would do the same thing. My family knows and it's on my drivers license, too. You never know, you may help save someone who goes on to discover a cure for cancer or something.

I am so sorry for your loss, and his families loss. :( I have elected to be an organ donor for years, and I donate blood whenever possible.

it is amazing how many people do not realize what a gift(s) of life they carry with them everyday and how many lives they, in turn, could save!!! Our blood, our organs, corneas, skin, bone, and marrow can all make the difference of a lifetime to someone someday when we are no longer in need of them!! Bone marrow donation is something that can be done anytime during your life while you are healthy as can donating a kidney or part of a live!! I am currently working with a middle aged nurse who has very recently been placed on a transplant list for a liver....he probably has less than a year without one!!

Certherfbeef----I am sooooo very glad you started this thread!! Most folks do not realize how important organ donation is until they are the ones in need of the gift of life!!

Cert, I am sorry for your loss. How wonderful though, that he lives on in others and gave a wonderful gift.

I have 2 friends that have been blessed with donated organs. One was the recipiant of a liver and the other recieved a kidney.

It has been on my driver's license and known by my family and friends for years that at the time of my passing, should there be anything of any use left of my body to help someone with a second chance, by all means, take it and give to those who need it.

Katherine

thanks for bringing up a very important point, katherine!! Having the Organ Donor box on your drivers' license is only the first step....YOU MUST LET YOUR FAMILY KNOW YOUR WISHES!!! all too often, family refuse to donate organs of loved ones simply because they do not understand their wishes!!

ranchwife":609dxxeb said:
thanks for bringing up a very important point, katherine!! Having the Organ Donor box on your drivers' license is only the first step....YOU MUST LET YOUR FAMILY KNOW YOUR WISHES!!! all too often, family refuse to donate organs of loved ones simply because they do not understand their wishes!!

It is very important that one's family know your wishes, and best to have it writing and signed by the donor, and this info available to the family.

Katherine

I am organ donor also. After I'm brain dead, heart dead, there is nothing I need anymore anyway...expecially after rigor has set in... Of course, this assumes anything I have to donate is still salvagable...

Friend of the family is a guy nick named "Big Belly Bob". He's a great guy, will help anyone with anything. His liver has been in bad shape for some time, and he has been on the waiting list for a transplant for quite a while.

Just a couple of days ago he got the call that he was up on the list, and he would be next. What a great feeling. How did he celebrate? he came over to my dad's to talk about bailing hay for us.

Cert, I'm sorry for your loss as well, but your right about donating. You never know how many good people are in need.

cert .. so sorry for your loss...I think being an organ donor is one of the greatest gifts another human can give another..

Latest posts