some scumbag shot and killed my bullcalf

Help Support CattleToday:

Suzie Q is right, when we had increasing problems with stocktheft in the 70's, most of the small holders, especially those close to towns, would corral their herds close to the house, this had been a tradition in the past due to predation by lions and theft during tribal disturbances.

When I read this, first thing I thought was someone spotlighting for deer. Add the that that the 22 is a poaching rifle for deer, low frontal chest wound (as in aiming for neck or head) and that you are in the same hunting zone I am and deer season closed Saturday night, I would say POACHER. Hopefully if that's the case it won't happen again. Sorry to hear it happened still

yeah...thats pretty much what we settled on thinkin...altho the mexicans have been known for shooting small enough ones to drag off the same way

idk if its better to have found it dying or dead or if it had just disappeared.. a guy i deal with 20 mi away or so closer to the migrants says he has had 2 just disappear in the last 2 yrs or so...

preciate the venting space ya'll
thanks
gary

Gary, that is a tough situation to be in...
afew years ago, we had a band of kids going around shooting stock..only reason they were caught is the little cussmuffins bragged to the kids at their school about it and they were found out..

Whatever the "reason" behind this, it is disgusting..people these days have a general lack of respect for other's property.

yeah..theyve cut thru our fence and run thru our swamp mudboggin also in the past...

the right of us are now the minority of the wrong

Several years back a neighbor's kid shot a newborn calf on our place.... 22 right between the eyes. Never could prove who did it but knew the kid had been out target practicing. Never an easy pill to swallow.

Takes a real loser to do that-our neighbor had some dairy heifers shot at one night, but he knew who had done, it, his ex wives family, who he use to let hunt on his land, but then said no more, so he thinks it was them, making him hurt where it would the most.

GMN

so sorry for the calf. i understand what your feeling when my daughter was 8 her horse was shot the day the neabor was sighting in a rifle the sherrif acted like i was crasy for expecting him to question them as i didnt acculy see it happen.
worst part was she the horse dragged her self from the back pasture to allmost all the way to the barn before she died. we found her late in the day gone . hard on an 8 year old.

I had a cow shot about this same time last year. She was about 2 months till birth.
Fell over and her legs were still straight. Neighbor had one shot year before.
Dont know who he is but he aint making friends. Game warden says headlighting
is the cause. Says it happens around here, but not very often.

Latest posts