Sold

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
We delivered a bull to a customer today The bull is a coming three year old that we used last season on heifers and then again this season. The calves from last year are looking really good they came small and are really stylish. I decided to get a picture before I sent him down the road.

IMG_2796_zpsb2655bb2.jpg

IMG_2799_zpsb0b95797.jpg

While I was out I was walking by one of our donor cows and she was nursing her October heifer calf and I couldn't resist getting a shot of her. I really like her calf and she is doing a jam up good job raising her.

IMG_2803_zpsc6a4e160.jpg

Looks like summer there. Thanks. I enjoyed. Got a simangus Oct calf that looks identical. I gave him his first V5L shot yesterday. He walked out of the chute and I scratched the top of his tail and he casually walked off.

Very nice cattle. When you get time please post pics of his calves if you can. Just post any pics of your cattle :lol:

Good looking fella there. If you ever get another one you wanna send down the road.. ship him up here. :nod:

Thanks he was one of my favorites from birth when he went to the vet for his BSE prior to delivery he weighed 1800 pounds. We pulled him out of the pasture where he was servicing 27 heifers so he is in working clothes in this picture. He got them bred and stayed in good shape while doing it so that made me like him even more. I will try to get some more photos this weekend. Nothing I enjoy more than looking at cows I wonder if there is a name for this disease yet lol!

Gizmom
http://www.gizmoangus.com

Looking good! Got any pics from his backside? Reason I ask is he looks similar frame/style to a yearling Angus bull I just bought to put on Hereford heifers.

What's his calves BW and WW?

Sorry no photos of his backside those were the only ones I took. Here is a link to the bull's registration number http://www.angus.org/Animal/EpdPedD...0dBsAvCmzBDyMl3MBmOXbuPdO+n2o+8T3Iy3Bq1XNdw==
We purchased his dam at a dispersal based on her genetics, she goes back to the C11 cow that our donor 658 is out of her. The old C11 cow was as good as any I have ever seen no matter how you bred her it worked. She was sure nuff a good one, so when I found this cow in a dispersal I jumped on her. The bad news is that she got snake bit and died after weaning 1003 so he was her only calf which sucks but that is the cattle business.

edited to say the Rainbow Allstar cow is the C11 that I talk about.

Oh a long way from summer here but it sure is spring and the grass is greening up fast thanks goodness I don't like cold weather a bit!

Gizmom

Latest posts