sold good

Help Support CattleToday:

Joy in Texas

Reaction score
I went to the cattle sale barn in Nixon on Mon. I took some of those painted bull calves. I was kind of worried,because I already knew I was going to be docked for ears and color.
They weighed between 470-515. The boys did great. They held their own with the black and red hided calves.
They did start them 10 cheaper,but by the time it was all said and done. I made the same amount.
They had some of those red brahma heifers come thru. They were anywhere from 8-10 months old. Wow they were high 700-850 a head.

Joy in Texas":1408pnmk said:
I went to the cattle sale barn in Nixon on Mon. I took some of those painted bull calves. I was kind of worried,because I already knew I was going to be docked for ears and color.
They weighed between 470-515. The boys did great. They held their own with the black and red hided calves.
They did start them 10 cheaper,but by the time it was all said and done. I made the same amount.
They had some of those red brahma heifers come thru. They were anywhere from 8-10 months old. Wow they were high 700-850 a head.
come on joy you didnt say what your calves sold for by the pound.

bigbull338":26awt81k said:
Joy in Texas":26awt81k said:
OOpps,sorry they sold for 116.00-124.00

Joy in Texas":3jyomnoh said:
bigbull338":3jyomnoh said:
Joy in Texas":3jyomnoh said:
OOpps,sorry they sold for 116.00-124.00
they sold real good wasnt hurt at all on the price.

Brahman heifers are notoriously high.. even when other heifers are lower, you'll find they're $10 - $20 higher. Always in demand for those F1 producers.

Sounds like the calves did good! Always nice to get a good check!

Latest posts