Solar energy failing?

Help Support CattleToday:

harry23":qn2jfyod said:
Hello,

Everyone has heard the pitch for solar energy, install solar cells on your roof and get free electricity from the Sun. Sure they cost a lot up front, but they will last 25-30 years—which just happens to be about the payback time given current electricity rates from coal, nuclear and natural gas. So when solar panels start failing in two or three years the economics of solar power collapses like a house of cards. That is exactly what is happening around the world. Cheap Chinese solar panels have flooded the market and are now starting to fail at an alarming rate. Solar panels covering a warehouse roof in Los Angeles were only two years into their expected 25-year life span when they began to fail. Worldwide, solar power adopters are reporting similar problems and say the $77 billion solar industry is facing a quality crisis. Bright sunlight is illuminating the scam that is solar power just as industry boosters claim solar is on the verge of widespread adoption.

The biggest and most costly joke on the American People is the Ethonal subsidys when we have plenty of fossil fuel to use.

I really liked Ford's business ethics as well.. build the best product you can, at the lowest price possible, while paying the highest wages possible.. Now it's totally reversed, charge as much as you can, make it only as good as you need to, and pay the worker as little as possible.

It depends on which lawsuit you're talking about.. he also lost a few.. One was when he wanted to make something better, but the shareholders opposed it and took him to court.. he lost, but bought out the shareholders and implemented it anyhow (from what I remember)

Nesikep":fx6ckipz said:
I really liked Ford's business ethics as well.. build the best product you can, at the lowest price possible, while paying the highest wages possible.. Now it's totally reversed, charge as much as you can, make it only as good as you need to, and pay the worker as little as possible.

It depends on which lawsuit you're talking about.. he also lost a few.. One was when he wanted to make something better, but the shareholders opposed it and took him to court.. he lost, but bought out the shareholders and implemented it anyhow (from what I remember)

And the rest of the story that is why old Henry had no use for a Jew.

harry23":bz6wlax0 said:
Hello,

Everyone has heard the pitch for solar energy, install solar cells on your roof and get free electricity from the Sun. Sure they cost a lot up front, but they will last 25-30 years—which just happens to be about the payback time given current electricity rates from coal, nuclear and natural gas. So when solar panels start failing in two or three years the economics of solar power collapses like a house of cards. That is exactly what is happening around the world. Cheap Chinese solar panels have flooded the market and are now starting to fail at an alarming rate. Solar panels covering a warehouse roof in Los Angeles were only two years into their expected 25-year life span when they began to fail. Worldwide, solar power adopters are reporting similar problems and say the $77 billion solar industry is facing a quality crisis. Bright sunlight is illuminating the scam that is solar power just as industry boosters claim solar is on the verge of widespread adoption.

Hii Harry,
So when solar panels start failing in two or three years the economics of solar power collapses like a house of cards. That is exactly what is happening around the world.

There are places in the world where solar energy is economical, but as usual government policies muck it up. There is a long payback on solar panels here. I ran a number several years ago and it was a 6 to 7 year payback with subsidies.

Some states have their own mandates which add to the federal confusion. And, one of the unintended effects of offshoring industry is an electricity surplus in some outlaying areas of Minnesota. So we are shutting down old coal plants and reducing output from NG plants while we install solar panels in the north. SW of here they are continuing to put in wind turbines.

We try not to use a lot of energy in our operation:
outdoor wood boiler for house and water heating
graze off most crops
but need to put in more efficient winter cattle waterers

Germany, China and some other countries have a goal to go to alternate energy and get away from fossil generated electricity in as a short time as possible. We in America invent a lot of things but other countries perfect and use this technology. There are to many sacred cows that might be gored that American politicians need to protect to keep America from moving on to the future.

All the alternative energy sources are going to have a hard time with $45 oil and $2 natural gas... and that isn't going to change in the next 10-15 years.

The best thing that will happen to solar energy is the battery technology is going to go crazy in the next 5 years.

Brute 23":1eabgsb1 said:
All the alternative energy sources are going to have a hard time with $45 oil and $2 natural gas... and that isn't going to change in the next 10-15 years.

The best thing that will happen to solar energy is the battery technology is going to go crazy in the next 5 years.

Could be closer than most of us think.

https://news.utexas.edu/2017/02/28/good ... technology

greybeard":flipfrge said:
slick4591":flipfrge said:
I wonder what happened to this technology?

[youtube]https://youtu.be/Ir5XgMiXlzM[/youtube]
What technology?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_M ... _fuel_cell
The so-called 'resonator' that no one ever actually saw?

Or has been able to reproduce?
http://www.aardvark.co.nz/stanley_meyer.shtml

This was something I'd heard about long ago and in the back of my mind always wondered about. I just figured that some big auto business bought him out to set on the back shelf.

Running on water would not change any thing. There would be major fights over who owns what water. Do you really want people burning that much of a precious resource like water? In most of our lifetime you are going to see water trading like a commodity any ways. That will be bad enough.

Latest posts