Solar energy failing?

Help Support CattleToday:

Don't sound like its failing just sounds like they need more grants and subsidies. I bet there are several getting filthy rich off the scheme.

Won't be much available anytime soon Joe. Seems most of the grant/subsidy money is now being diverted to purchase weapons for ISIS.

TexasBred":32ar3g33 said:
Won't be much available anytime soon Joe. Seems most of the grant/subsidy money is now being diverted to purchase weapons for ISIS.
Maybe the benice's butcher knives wore out and they are switching over to solar powered elec carving knives.. :mad:

A few years ago when they were pushing the biofuels and ethanol so heavily a bunch of these type came down my way with this huge machine that would go between rows of pine trees and cut the bushes and bale them and spit a bale out the rear of the machine. These professor types and green folks were just patting themselves on the back talking about how wonderful this was going to be and with the subsidies they were going to make a killing off ethanol. Anyone on this board who has had any dealings with hay can easily see a flaw in their thinking when you consider the trouble one would have to collect and move bales of biomass from a pine plantation when you have a row of trees on either side of you.

To make matters worse, they were going to have to haul these bales over a hundred miles to the new ethanol plant they spent a fortune building with our tax dollars. Well, I'm actually lying I guess because it wasn't exactly a new mill but the same plant that Jimmy Carter wasted all that money on that when belly up. But I guess moving it across the state would make it work better. Or is that more better. It went belly up in the new location too but a few people were able to take early retirement.

TexasBred":1vc0465r said:

How much subsidy or grant went to Wilbur and Orville Wright? :lol: :lol:

If I remember correctly, our government didn't even want to buy their product. Foreign countries did and they said "no"

Look at where the $37.5 Billion goes to in the oil industry from Government,

The problem is not a solar plant but the fat cat welfare cases.

Jogeephus":5ssk6qb3 said:
Government got in the way of Henry Ford also. He had to take them to court. Thankfully he won.

Can you tell us more about this I have looked in a lot of places for information and cannot find any thing.

hurleyjd":1d7v0c8f said:
Jogeephus":1d7v0c8f said:
Government got in the way of Henry Ford also. He had to take them to court. Thankfully he won.

Can you tell us more about this I have looked in a lot of places for information and cannot find any thing.

History channel has a very good documentary on this showing how the government was picking who they wanted to be winners and who they wanted to be losers under the guise of "protecting the public". A quick Google found this. History channel does a better job explaining it but here is an article I Googled.

http://fee.org/articles/how-henry-ford- ... -monopoly/

Jogeephus":lmaopltl said:
A few years ago when they were pushing the biofuels and ethanol so heavily a bunch of these type came down my way with this huge machine that would go between rows of pine trees and cut the bushes and bale them and spit a bale out the rear of the machine. These professor types and green folks were just patting themselves on the back talking about how wonderful this was going to be and with the subsidies they were going to make a killing off ethanol. Anyone on this board who has had any dealings with hay can easily see a flaw in their thinking when you consider the trouble one would have to collect and move bales of biomass from a pine plantation when you have a row of trees on either side of you.

To make matters worse, they were going to have to haul these bales over a hundred miles to the new ethanol plant they spent a fortune building with our tax dollars. Well, I'm actually lying I guess because it wasn't exactly a new mill but the same plant that Jimmy Carter wasted all that money on that when belly up. But I guess moving it across the state would make it work better. Or is that more better. It went belly up in the new location too but a few people were able to take early retirement.

Built a pellet mill here and a bio cogen plant in the last few years.
Cogen has shutdown and laid everyone off the pellet mill is bankrupt and shutting down.
They both went under paying no taxes. This is a case the Feds are talking out both sides of their mouth
No money for to be made for the government in green. It's a popular left idea. Money to line their pockets comes from oil, just like tobacco and alcohol they are taxed every step along they way.
Better head back to the oil patch.
Last spot price on gasoline and diesel were 1.18 to 1.20 wonder where the rest of the money went

Jogeephus":1zqnsi8t said:
hurleyjd":1zqnsi8t said:
Jogeephus":1zqnsi8t said:

History channel has a very good documentary on this showing how the government was picking who they wanted to be winners and who they wanted to be losers under the guise of "protecting the public". A quick Google found this. History channel does a better job explaining it but here is an article I Googled.

http://fee.org/articles/how-henry-ford- ... -monopoly/

Here is a pictorial of the willow run B24 bomber plant that Henry put together in a very short time to build these planes. Had a contract for I think in the neighbor hood of $18000 each but when it was running at capacity Ford reduced the price to the $12000 neighbor hood and stated that he was making enough profit for him at that price. Bennett who worked for Ford is a lot of the reason for the success. Edsel Ford was treated very poorly by his father. Also one of Fords sons married the daughter of Firestone and that is why Firestone tires were on all of the Ford vehicles. Ford kept developing the Ford 8n in deference of his board because he wanted the Farmers life to be a little easier. Ford really built an industrial giant that may not have any rivals today. Sad part we do not have the industrial base to use in case of a war such as WW2.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/thehenryf ... ?ytcheck=1

IMO, Ford was a good man. I share some of his business beliefs. Not a total theory Y guy but I do believe if you take care of your employees it benefits everyone. My largest obstacle to creating more jobs has simply been the government. Maybe I, like Ford, need to get in their fold.

Commercial Farmer I am sure you can do a google search the same as I can, I have no idea if Bern mentioned it or not, Obama tried but failed to remove 4 billion.

Ford was a great man, he not only built ford the company, but also changed farming for the better with his tractors. He also did not pelive in patents, hence he also ended up financing Ferguson and thus helped to build Massy Fegusion as well.

Hello,

Everyone has heard the pitch for solar energy, install solar cells on your roof and get free electricity from the Sun. Sure they cost a lot up front, but they will last 25-30 years—which just happens to be about the payback time given current electricity rates from coal, nuclear and natural gas. So when solar panels start failing in two or three years the economics of solar power collapses like a house of cards. That is exactly what is happening around the world. Cheap Chinese solar panels have flooded the market and are now starting to fail at an alarming rate. Solar panels covering a warehouse roof in Los Angeles were only two years into their expected 25-year life span when they began to fail. Worldwide, solar power adopters are reporting similar problems and say the $77 billion solar industry is facing a quality crisis. Bright sunlight is illuminating the scam that is solar power just as industry boosters claim solar is on the verge of widespread adoption.

hurleyjd":11ccs8nt said:
I read somewhere that they would be bringing whale oil back to use for lighting.

I think they should. It's definitely a renewable resource. And why do we feed tuna to cats. They should eat dolphin. Save the tuna for people.

Latest posts