Software ???

Help Support CattleToday:

i'm sorry, how do you mean? if you mean a ware that you can submit info and it'll graph it out for you. like say money spent, feed fed, weight gained over a period of time ms excel sould fit the bill.

TheLazyM":253d6xn5 said:
ms excel sould fit the bill.

MsExcel is a spread sheet. Sure you can manage with it but it's not built for this purpose. With Ms Access you can built your program does'nt matter if you get 10 heads or million. It's easy and it's a database.

gendronf":3tnk0mvw said:
TheLazyM":3tnk0mvw said:

With Ms Access you can built your program does'nt matter if you get 10 heads or million. It's easy and it's a database.

That is an excellent idea! :)

gendronf":ck8vr74f said:
MsExcel is a spread sheet. Sure you can manage with it but it's not built for this purpose. With Ms Access you can built your program does'nt matter if you get 10 heads or million. It's easy and it's a database.

i might look into that. i use excel right now, it seems to work right now. i'm always looking for a better way.

any body know where to find a "how to" on access?

Cattle Max software can be used on a commercial herd. The American Angus Association also offers a sofware package, but as expected, it's intended to be used with a registered herd.

gendronf":3krqjgp1 said:
TheLazyM":3krqjgp1 said:

Exactly, a data base is much better than a spreadsheet. I created my own using MS Access, but if you are not proficient using the program you will need help or lots of reading the manual.

I track everything on my mine, from pedigree to cost to meds, breeding info and purchase to sales info. I have many years of experience using it with my job and have had several advanced courses over the years.

TheLazyM":2ifqlll6 said:
gendronf":2ifqlll6 said:

i might look into that. i use excel right now, it seems to work right now. i'm always looking for a better way.

any body know where to find a "how to" on access?

If you have the program, the help button will get all the answers you need. It's boring as an day time tv to me but, if you can stick to it you'll learn the program and how to use it.
As far as that goes you can create a searchable database (limited) in excel I believe?