Social Security Cuts

Help Support CattleToday:

vclavin":2du5xm4j said:
Why do they always cut Social Security Benefits when they run out of money! Why not cut their wages instead of ours? Surely they can be as cooperative as we can!! :banana:
Valerie
they aint run out of money... just let a disaster hit,, money starts coming out of the wood work

I really wish they would do something about Social Security in all seriousness.

It is not the government's responsibility to make sure you have money for your retirement.

The only problem is so many people have been paying into it for so long, so they deserve to recieve that money, but I wish they would do something like end social security for the next generation.

I would opt out in a heart beat if I could . I m sure I could save and invest that money much wiser than the gov.

CPL":24kdsx07 said:

It is not the government's responsibility to make sure you have money for your retirement.

The only problem is so many people have been paying into it for so long, so they deserve to recieve that money, but I wish they would do something like end social security for the next generation.

I have been paying into it for 44 years. It ain't the freakin Governments money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If it hadn't been pizzed away by several administrations and borrowed into the ground there would be plenty there. So I would say that it EXACTLY the dammed Governments fault and responsibility. :bang: :bang: :bang:

I pay for roads but the one in front of my house is mostly maintained by me and a few neighbors even though it's a county road.
I pay for the public school system even though I am a dropout and my children are both homeschooled and therefore not recieving the benefits of my taxes.
I pay for welfare and unemployment programs even though I can honestly say with a very high degree of accuracy that I'll never be one of the above.
I can keep going but for the sake of brevity I'll end with:
Why in the world would I expect that I'll see a return on my investment in a government program when every other example of government that I can think of takes my money with almost no return on my suposed investment?
We need to admit that it has to end somewhere and then try to find a cut-off that screws the least amount of people. If each of us took the money that we've paid in and invested it into ourselves then the program would go away on it's own and we'd all be better off.

cow pollinater":1op4a1m9 said:
I pay for roads but the one in front of my house is mostly maintained by me and a few neighbors even though it's a county road.
I pay for the public school system even though I am a dropout and my children are both homeschooled and therefore not recieving the benefits of my taxes.
I pay for welfare and unemployment programs even though I can honestly say with a very high degree of accuracy that I'll never be one of the above.
Why in the world would I expect that I'll see a return on my investment in a government program when every other example of government that I can think of takes my money with almost no return on my suposed investment?We need to admit that it has to end somewhere and then try to find a cut-off that screws the least amount of people. If each of us took the money that we've paid in and invested it into ourselves then the program would go away on it's own and we'd all be better off.

Because ultimately we ARE the dammed Government. What we need to do is stop sending a bunch of lying, theiving, SOB's to do our business instead of admitting defeat and starting over.

3waycross":30fw8jdn said:
CPL":30fw8jdn said:

I have been paying into it for 44 years. It ain't the freakin Governments money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If it hadn't been pizzed away by several administrations and borrowed into the ground there would be plenty there. So I would say that it EXACTLY the dammed Governments fault and responsibility. :bang: :bang: :bang:

Amen to that brother don't forget the company matching. Ike was the first to open the box and LBJ ripped the lid off for his Great Society. If they want to do away with social security they need to mail us our check for all we put into the program.
We played by the rules all our lifes, the lying low life vermin in Washington DC have lined the pockets of those who refuse to work, with the money of those who work.

Like has been mentioned a couple of times already, it ain't their damned money!!! It's mine. And I started payin when I was 12 and I'm almost 69 now.

They always choose the most hysterical subjects to pick on. It's like here in Texas, the governor ran on a ticket where he says we have a balanced budget then a month after elected we have a severe short fall in revenue. Guess where he wants cuts. You got it, education. Yea, I know you pick a line item where you can get the most bang for your buck when cutting.

Why don't they cut some of the give aways like the free meals program. I know folks who can perfectly well afford to feed their kids breakfast before sending them to school but they do it because "someone else" is payin for it.

I fight poverty - I work. I'm tired of payin for the lazy basta_ ds that won't work.

Wonder how long this one will stay up?

Out of 192 crounties in the world we send foriegn aide to 150 of them, the government spent over 300 billion last year on health care and social progams on illegal aliens. They keep the propaganda of SS is the problem, no they are.
The American people should be demanding every politican that every voted for foriegn aide of support of illegal aliens should be hung for treason.

Jim62":56o5qocz said:
Now, now, CB. That wouldn't be FAIR ! And we all know that everything has got to be fair.
Since we can't hang them can you at least "cut'em" so they don't reproduce?

TexasBred":2khsdybk said:
Jim62":2khsdybk said:
Now, now, CB. That wouldn't be FAIR ! And we all know that everything has got to be fair.

I think about my Fathers and Uncles generation, the one that was at Pearl Harbor, Iwo Jima, North Africa and Normandy are turning over in their graves. I can only imagine how one sided the discussion would be when the talk turned to robbing money from American's that had paid, to give to illegal's and foriegn countries. Our country has been in a steady state of decline when we started losing the leadeship of that generation.

I think every person that draws a check from the us gov. should be made steral.
This would in a few years do away with the ones that don't work and ect.

Caustic Burno":3n8u27j2 said:
TexasBred":3n8u27j2 said:
Jim62":3n8u27j2 said:

I think about my Fathers and Uncles generation, the one that was at Pearl Harbor, Iwo Jima, North Africa and Normandy are turning over in their graves. I can only imagine how one sided the discussion would be when the talk turned to robbing money from American's that had paid, to give to illegal's and foriegn countries. Our country has been in a steady state of decline when we started losing the leadeship of that generation.

I never thought of it in that way. It makes perfect sense.

3waycross":35zatwng said:
cow pollinater":35zatwng said:
Why in the world would I expect that I'll see a return on my investment in a government program when every other example of government that I can think of takes my money with almost no return on my suposed investment?We need to admit that it has to end somewhere and then try to find a cut-off that screws the least amount of people. If each of us took the money that we've paid in and invested it into ourselves then the program would go away on it's own and we'd all be better off.

Because ultimately we ARE the dammed Government. What we need to do is stop sending a
bunch of lying, theiving, SOB's to do our business instead of admitting defeat and starting over.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I have 2 boys . I think there needs to be a tuition for school instead of a school tax. When your kids graduate you don't have to pay . If your to poor to pay don't have kids . The problem with all of our taxes and revenue is more people draw out or use the services than pay into them . I'm tired of paying for programs I can't use because I make to much money . I e school lunches head start / pre k for my 4 year old etc. Nothing should be a right . Everything should be a privilege . Going to school having a job raising a family etc. People expect to much from life instead of working for it.

JSCATTLE":3ier4kyb said:
I have 2 boys . I think there needs to be a tuition for school instead of a school tax. When your kids graduate you don't have to pay . If your to poor to pay don't have kids . The problem with all of our taxes and revenue is more people draw out or use the services than pay into them . I'm tired of paying for programs I can't use because I make to much money . I e school lunches head start / pre k for my 4 year old etc. Nothing should be a right . Everything should be a privilege . Going to school having a job raising a family etc. People expect to much from life instead of working for it.

I agree people expect too much and don't take responsibility for their choices. Look at Greece, it is the harbinger of what we will be like in the near future if something is done. People are now rioting as their government tries to reign in spending.