Social Security Cuts

Help Support CattleToday:

I will say this if the republicans don't get off social security and medicare, they are going to loose both houses as well as the white house. Americans of my generation are not going to stand for it. We payed to play, and have been robbed for special intreset groups by croocked politicans of both parties. They should be doing away with the billions in forgien aide, welfare, medical programs to illegals (300 billion last year) and being the world's police force. We need to be in Libya but not Syria that is richer than three feet up a bulls ass. Most of Libya's oil goes to England and France and we are fighting for it. We are idiots for being in Afganastian it has not been ruled by an invader since Genghis Khan. Quit this nation building with billions of our tax dollars. If we need to go in by all means go kick there ass and come home and let them clean up the mess they started.

These "police actions" are prohibitted in the constitution. Only congress has the authority to wage war. So when did "they" (both parties) not have to abide by the constitution? Or am I missing something here?

JSCATTLE":rgw0ms40 said:
I have 2 boys . I think there needs to be a tuition for school instead of a school tax. When your kids graduate you don't have to pay . If your to poor to pay don't have kids . The problem with all of our taxes and revenue is more people draw out or use the services than pay into them . I'm tired of paying for programs I can't use because I make to much money . I e school lunches head start / pre k for my 4 year old etc. Nothing should be a right . Everything should be a privilege . Going to school having a job raising a family etc. People expect to much from life instead of working for it.

JS your problem is that you would answer all the questions honestly and automatically disqualify your children from all these windfalls.

I guess the easy way would be to get divorced. then the wife would qualify . but that wouldn't fix the problem .

JSCATTLE":nwil0cln said:
I guess the easy way would be to get divorced. then the wife would qualify . but that wouldn't fix the problem .

No sir, but that's the way these bums work the system with no remorse and idea of the disasters it causes in the grand scheme of things.

TexasBred":d7osqffv said:
JSCATTLE":d7osqffv said:

No sir, but that's the way these bums work the system with no remorse and idea of the disasters it causes in the grand scheme of things.

There's a lady in town that booted her daughter out of the house. Why? When the daughter had her baby, there's be too many in the home and the lady would lose her welfare! (She had better furniture than I do!!)
Valerie

I have no problem with taking care of the truly needy regardless of where they are in the world. However, it should be handled by churches, neighbors, communities, where anyone concerned can see the need and address it on a case by case basis instead of a blanket policy manned by government employees who have no real stake in the game. I believe alot of folks that have made a living off of welfare would have to change the lifestyle rather quickly if they had to walk up to their own neighbor and ask for a check for doing nothing even though that's esentially what they're doing by milking the system.
As far as war and nationbuilding is concerned, we don't have enough real leadership in this country to fight a real war. Everyone is so busy trying to get re-elected that they won't do anything un-popular. If someone wants to rattle the sabers, either turn them into glass or ignore it altogether regardless of what is popular with the voters at that particular point in time. Otherwise all this money we pump into a bristling military is wasted. We might as well cut back to just barely enough to defend ourselves and never build a standing army.

cow pollinater":2hcb4hmu said:
I have no problem with taking care of the truly needy regardless of where they are in the world. However, it should be handled by churches, neighbors, communities, where anyone concerned can see the need and address it on a case by case basis instead of a blanket policy manned by government employees who have no real stake in the game. I believe alot of folks that have made a living off of welfare would have to change the lifestyle rather quickly if they had to walk up to their own neighbor and ask for a check for doing nothing even though that's esentially what they're doing by milking the system.
As far as war and nationbuilding is concerned, we don't have enough real leadership in this country to fight a real war. Everyone is so busy trying to get re-elected that they won't do anything un-popular. If someone wants to rattle the sabers, either turn them into glass or ignore it altogether regardless of what is popular with the voters at that particular point in time. Otherwise all this money we pump into a bristling military is wasted. We might as well cut back to just barely enough to defend ourselves and never build a standing army.

Going back to that policy was what embolden the Jap's to attack Pearl. There has to a balance in between, the afore mentioned policy caused us to loose a lot of American lives.

vclavin":1lxz7grw said:
TexasBred":1lxz7grw said:
JSCATTLE":1lxz7grw said:

There's a lady in town that booted her daughter out of the house. Why? When the daughter had her baby, there's be too many in the home and the lady would lose her welfare! (She had better furniture than I do!!)
Valerie

You are talking welfare these people never paid anything, he!! of a difference in Social Security that we paid into and the employer matched. That is our money that has been siphoned off to pay the previous mentioned leaches.
Your not getting it the government is wanting to cut back to the ones who have paid not the ones that haven't.
Cut out the welfare, foriegn aide, playing world cop, welfare,medical and schooling for illegal aliens and if we still have a problem, I don't think the first senior will have a problem bellying up to the bar.

Cut out the welfare said:
Why not let those that want to work enter legally then tax them?

Is it not those imigrated to the US that worked and built the country in the first place?

1wlimo":oqxin003 said:

Is it not those imigrated to the US that worked and built the country in the first place?[/quote]

Yes it is but my grandparents.......all of them either northern or southern European were LEGAL immigrants. WHO BTW LEARNED TO SPEAK ENGLISH.
AND LIVED FOR THE DAY THEY COULD BE A CITIZEN. They kept their money here and didn't send it back to Italy,Ireland, or Denmark. They WANTED TO BE AN AMERICAN. Not to just suck the American teat and then retire to Guadalajara to grow freakin avocados.

3waycross":32mj2849 said:
1wlimo":32mj2849 said:

Is it not those imigrated to the US that worked and built the country in the first place?[/quote]

Yes it is but my grandparents.......all of them either northern or southern European were LEGAL immigrants. WHO BTW LEARNED TO SPEAK ENGLISH.
AND LIVED FOR THE DAY THEY COULD BE A CITIZEN. They kept their money here and didn't send it back to Italy,Ireland, or Denmark. They WANTED TO BE AN AMERICAN. Not to just suck the American teat and then retire to Guadalajara to grow freakin avocados.

Do all illegal aliens get deported with free ticket home for themselves and all their belongings? Or just those from down south?
Valerie

3waycross":14u7s0gd said:
1wlimo":14u7s0gd said:

You hit the nail on the head they have no desire to asimilate to be an American, they want to wave the Mexican flag.
Mexico has no desire to do anything about it as we are being their welfare system as well.
I have nothing against hispanics as my granchildren are, there family has been in Texas before it was Texas or the US.
They will tell you right quick they are Americans. My granddaughter says she is hickspanic. My family imigrated from Scotland in the early 1700's I not running out in the street waving a Union Jack. If they want to imigrate legally and become Americans I say welcome.

Caustic I agree, :mad: and Valerie. They get a free ticket home no matter where they are deported from!

I believe anyone that paid in should get there money back. But the government stole all of the money that was paid in and now they are paying with the money that is being paid in currently. Robbing peter to pay Paul . Something has to change or we are gonna go broke . Welfare . Food stamps etc. Needs to be cut out . Let family's take care of each other maybe people would be more accountable if they had to answer to family instead of some chick behind a desk .

I did not mean for any one to blow a gasket,

It is hard work to immigrate legally, if it was easier then may be there would be less doing it ilegally and there fore less needing sent home, and more paying tax.

I fully agree with the need to speak English, and to intergrate.

JSCATTLE":3ej4qazm said:
I believe anyone that paid in should get there money back. But the government stole all of the money that was paid in and now they are paying with the money that is being paid in currently. Robbing peter to pay Paul . Something has to change or we are gonna go broke . Welfare . Food stamps etc. Needs to be cut out . Let family's take care of each other maybe people would be more accountable if they had to answer to family instead of some chick behind a desk .

I wouldn't have a problem with the government mailing me a check and heading to Edward Jones.
This is a bigger problem as many of the countries retirement plans reduce what they pay by the amount that SS pays when you get SS age. My lump sum (as my annuity would have been had I elected that choice)was reduced by the calculated amount SS would paid over the average lifespan ( the companies contibution part is reduced). This is common among many corperate plans. I contributed to my company retirement plan while buying a supplemental annuity the same as SS. That being said I am finacial secure, but I was blessed to have a high paying job and business and save. I know many hard working families that are struggling to survive today. Now you have a bunch of elderly people that can't enter the workforce like they are 40 and you just cut there living income. It takes more than ten years to change course, If SS is to be reformed it should start with people 49 and scaled back by age 48 a little less 47 a little less and so on. This gives Americans a chance to plan for the future. Americans 50+ have planned based on what they payed into the system.
Social Security statement says supplemental retirement, disability and suvivor insurance. This is no different than paying Met Life and them telling you oops we pissed off your premiums over the last 40 years. The key word is supplemental.
If you want the current leadership in Washington to continue you let the republican party keep threating SS, they are going to loose the 50+ vote in droves.

1wlimo":707gppdt said:

It is hard work to immigrate legally, if it was easier then may be there would be less doing it ilegally and there fore less needing sent home, and more paying tax.

Damn right it's hard work and I hope they keep it that way. We can't support everything that wants to live in the country. Sure the work and some even pay some SS they'll never collect but in the meantime the gov't tit (pardon my spelling) is setting them up for life. And JS they ain't paying Paul...they're robbing Peter to pay Peter.

1wlimo":3jkler2x said:

For one, the U.S. can't absorb every single person in the world who wants to come here. There has to be limits and not everyone is going to get in. Sorry. Deal with it.

A lot of the illegals are just here to milk the U.S., they don't want to become Americans like the immigrants of past generations did. They just want all the benefits of living in America. I shudder to think how much money gets sent out of this country back to family still in Mexico. They see how much better we have it here and they want that. I guess the logic is, if my neighbor has a much nicer house, it would be OK for me to sneak in and live there????

The illegals sneaking in here are like the rats leaving a sinking ship. They aren't doing anything to improve conditions in their own country and they are a huge burden on our resources.

Maybe Ron White was right, we should take over Mexico, fix it up and flip it.

hey' all you guys had a chance to do the same thing; i'm guessin that you had too much pride or some other thing so you wouldn't take advantage of the gov't programs; oh, that's right, the ag dept runs one of the biggest givaway programs of all....