So Long - Done deal.

Help Support CattleToday:

TennesseeTuxedo":1pithymt said:
That would be a better option for you since you're just a "Hobby" guy anyway.

Yea im just a small fry one day I will not be a hobby guy double t lol

sky you gotta watch them hereford guys lolol.i tryed to buy some reg horned hereford cows that traced back to my great grandpas herd and the guy wanted $2500ea for them.now mind you this was back in the 90s.

bigbull338":3hwsghe7 said:
sky you gotta watch them hereford guys lolol.i tryed to buy some reg horned hereford cows that traced back to my great grandpas herd and the guy wanted $2500ea for them.now mind you this was back in the 90s.

:lol2: yea you gotta watch em 24-7 ;-)

chippie":1s26xgt7 said:
congratulations on the sale!
and have fun shopping for your new herd : )

Thanks it was bittersweet but I have kept my core cattle and feel as though I can get back to the numbers again eventually if I choose but now that was the best decision for me.

Oh, my Azz Brother. You have offended the nagi tanka. Are you not aware that we are tenders of the hehaka pte? Wanka tanka will punish you. Ask Deepsouth the wasichu to pray for you.

And send your Azz brother a little cash. :mrgreen:

inyati13":3hh82hrw said:
Oh, my Azz Brother. You have offended the nagi tanka. Are you not aware that we are tenders of the hehaka pte? Wanka tanka will punish you. Ask Deepsouth the wasichu to pray for you.

Lol brother crazy AZZ I guess your cut was gobbled up by either uncle sam but I sent it crazy AZZ :lol2:

skyhightree1":3p6qkm9u said:
inyati13":3p6qkm9u said:

Lol brother crazy AZZ I guess your cut was gobbled up by either uncle sam but I sent it crazy AZZ :lol2:

Life is about having fun and laughing. Hey, I actually looked up Lakota words for that. The nagi tanka is the Great Spirit. The hehaka pte is the Black Buffalo. Wanka Tanka is God. wasichu is a White Man.

We are brothers my friend. I mean that!!!!

inyati13":2v96vdro said:
skyhightree1":2v96vdro said:
inyati13":2v96vdro said:

Life is about having fun and laughing. Hey, I actually looked up Lakota words for that. The nagi tanka is the Great Spirit. The hehaka pte is the Black Buffalo. Wanka Tanka is God. wasichu is a White Man.

Yes definately.. btw did you catch up with that greedy azz uncle sam of ours and get your money back :D

skyhightree1":2gjngp01 said:
inyati13":2gjngp01 said:
skyhightree1":2gjngp01 said:

Yes definately.. btw did you catch up with that greedy azz uncle sam of ours and get your money back :D

Sky, I would have a hard time selling my girls. I don't know if it would really offend the Great Spirit, but I sure would have a long face getting over not having my pets. Having said that, I think you picked a good time. If you wait, there will be somekind of correction and you can get back in with some quality cattle if you are patient.

Your idea of quality is a lot different than his Inyati. A Holstein is not a quality beef breed. I think you made a good move by selling Sky. To much can go wrong in this world and send prices tumbling. I have thinned the herd some myself.

Yes sir hg I gotta admit seeing them trucked off is sad to an extent because some were older core cpws that got me started. however knowing they are going to a nice farm is good. I just want to experiment with Holstein Angus crossing and produce baldys. You picked a good time to thin the herd you never know what tomorrow brings. If cattle drop prices I may buy back more and sell when high again or just have one hellacious alpaca farm lol... not

sky my buddies wife cried when he sold his milking cows the 1st time.he told her dont cry we will be back to milking by the weekend.he went to the dairy sale that week and started buying fresh cows and springers.

My kids cried and told me the land looks plain there is not much walking around eating grass and pooping. Honestly no one in my house was happy. The kids asked me could I please not sell theirs that's behind the house because they like them and they follow them around when they are in the yard.

jedstivers":1sxpe56m said:
Forget the front pasture cattle, find a good order buyer that goes to all the sales and make money on other peoples mistakes.
That's some of the best advice that's been given here in a while. :clap:

jedstivers":u9t21cb1 said:
Forget the front pasture cattle, find a good order buyer that goes to all the sales and make money on other peoples mistakes.

Good point Jed.. Great advice.

Sky, you retained your Angus Bull???

I like holstein cattle. Pretty. They will produce a lot of milk but that is not always good. If I could change anything about my simangus, I would moderate their milk production.

I am glad I selected Simangus. If I was starting over I would still pick Simangus. My second choice would be PB angus. Hard to beat them in this market. I like Hereford but man they are discounted here. Especially, in the elite heifer sales. I saw some beautiful Hereford heifers last fall at the Paris Elite Heifer Sale sell for $400 per head less than the angus and simmentals.

Latest posts