So Long - Done deal.

Help Support CattleToday:

inyati13":38pk9hst said:
Sky, you retained your Angus Bull???

I like holstein cattle. Pretty. They will produce a lot of milk but that is not always good. If I could change anything about my simangus, I would moderate their milk production.

I am glad I selected Simangus. If I was starting over I would still pick Simangus. My second choice would be PB angus. Hard to beat them in this market. I like Hereford but man they are discounted here. Especially, in the elite heifer sales. I saw some beautiful Hereford heifers last fall at the Paris Elite Heifer Sale sell for $400 per head less than the angus and simmentals.

Inyati I do still have my bulls I have a young angus bull that came from a Wehrmann angus bull and his mom was an Ai cow that came from the bull big eye

The primary bull I used is sim angus that I bought from a guy around here good bull I like him a lot I hate to get rid of him.

greybeard":2b9kxef5 said:
You ain't foolin nobody Sky--the blackhereford group's been telemarketing you haven't they?

;-) Someone put a bug in my ear :D Then I can buy back in cheaper with Herefords too.

This year I bought older cows that needed fed and a little TLC. With vaccinations, good grass, and mineral I've a point or two of body condition score and look to have a pretty good profit.

Calhoun Farm":93308lr6 said:
This year I bought older cows that needed fed and a little TLC. With vaccinations, good grass, and mineral I've a point or two of body condition score and look to have a pretty good profit.

Yes sir i recently bought 2 hippos cause the guy is scared when they calf they will die cause they are HUGE I am taking a chance on them.

Latest posts