Snow Day!!!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
Kids are home and my bosses are not happy!
Got over a foot of light fluffy snow. No wind for once. Well during the night the wind came up and drifted everything in so we kept the kids home and told the bosses I was not coming in.

Too many areas to get stuck in.

Road crews are out. Listening to them right now.

I don't think I could live like that. Bad enough supposed to get to mid 20s here tomorrow morning, I sure don't want any ice or snow to go with it.

Sounds nice, good day to look out the window while a hot fire burns in the stove. I've been looking forward to our first snow..... 4 or 5 inches.

Our town was the only town in the district that didn't get too much snow a couple days back.. my friend got 3' at his place.. they all had snow days too

We haven't had any snow yet this year. Lots of cold days and lots of wet days. We just haven't put the two together.

Hubby is out dozing around the hay stacks and buildings. Son got stuck trying to get out. Hubby pulled him out with the dozer. There is a 6 to 8 foot between us and the county road. Feeding the cows comes first though.

County is trying to get roads plowed but a grader is down so might not get out til Friday. Oh well we are well stocked so no problem. Just need to bake some bread.

No snow day, just dam cold day. Started at 16 this morning, 10 now and it's supposed to get to below zero tonight. I've more then had my fill of winter!

As Dave said, plenty of cold, plenty of rain, but not at the same time. I sure believe about the great weather, but here by the river we have been socked into heavy thick fog for three days. Can't see 20' in front of me, cold and damp .... I'll take snow.

Kids are still home. Read in the paper that 2 out of 3 school buses in the district south of us got stuck and had to be pulled out. Some kids there are on their 3rd day of no school!

Things were great here until just before 5pm yesterday. The sewer line in the new house got plugged. Had the water from the clothes washer and dishwasher backing up through the floor drain. Hubby tried to snake it but it is beyond our tools to get it out. My Rainbow vacuum sucks up water pretty good.
Called the road crew then the plumber. Once we get plowed out the plumber said to call him and he would head out to fix the drain.

Now what to make for my son for his 18th Birthday!

On day 3 of Snow Day. Got a brisket ready to go in the oven. (Sorry guys no smoker.)

Sounds like the crew might make it out today. Hubby was hoping to get our blower out but he broke it the other day blowing drifts and our son fixed it yesterday. -22 this morning so our tractor is not going to start even plugged in.

Have a bad problem right now. Our sewer line is plugged and trying to get a plumber out right now is impossible. Old house is still working though.

Latest posts