Snotty Nose

Help Support CattleToday:

Monica

Reaction score
What do you all use to prevent your cows from getting snotty noses after a show? It seems like every time I take an animal to the fair they bring back a snotty nose. I have fully vacinated my aniamls, they get TSV a few days before the show.

Ours too. We usually don't give anything.

Just watch for green snot and droopy ears. Those are signs of something more.

8)

I feed AS-700. It is a crumble. I mix it in with the non-medicated feed that the show calves are already getting.

I start this 2 weeks before the first show and feed for a month. When I feed the crumbles I back down the amount of calf manna I top dress with. No science behind that...just something I've always done.

7 day slaughter withhold if the calves are terminal.

Made by Land O Lakes I believe.

We give naselgin (sp) and we get it from our vet and give it a few days before we leave for a show. It's somewhat easier to give then a shot because it just squirts up their nose. Most cows don't like it though and we blindfold them before we give it so they can't see it coming lol.

Proper minerals are a must. If you will feed 2oz. daily of a mineral containing Aeromycin it will completely eliminate those low level infections. Also, the more you drag 'em, the more conditioned they become to all the changes.

osu shorty":1auli0ar said:
We give naselgin (sp) and we get it from our vet and give it a few days before we leave for a show. It's somewhat easier to give then a shot because it just squirts up their nose. Most cows don't like it though and we blindfold them before we give it so they can't see it coming lol.
TSV is Pfizer's version of Nasalgen. We also use it.

Latest posts