this is the snake he sent us photo's of
03.jpg
wait to see what happens
02.jpg
if your squeamish don't look
041.jpg
this is the start......

05.jpg
this is what they found......GROSS.. it was his brother. he went missing after the Tsunami in 2004, that is when we stayed with them.

chrisy, I thought for sure there'd be a zillion replies to this one...how horrifying, especially...well, never mind. Looking at the first picture, I though 'well, that box isn't strong enough to hold THAT snake.' Some sort of python, isn't it? It really tweaks that primeval fear of being eaten alive (just thinking about the movie Jaws still does that to me). And you knew this man (the brother who's looking in the box)!!!??? I cannot imagine him finding his brother like this. Really, I think I'd rather have drowned in the tsunami than face such a creature. Someday maybe you'll share your experience with the tsunami, unbelievable, I'm sure.

It's happened many times. Had a teacher in school who had to have major surgery after a snake in south america got around him and almost crushed him to death.

Hippie Rancher":21sork5r said:
You KNOW sombody associated with these pictures? (sorry, nothing personal, but I am always skeptical of these sorts of things)

yes this is a true photo nothing made up about it, the snake really ate him. and I knew the man that was eaten, he was a waiter at the hotel we were staying in when the tsunami hit. In the first photo there is a man in blue and one in white standing by the tree, they are brothers, the lady holding the little boy is the one in blue wife and the girl with the head scarf on is his daughter. this is the jungle we stayed in after the tsunami.

Well, it answered a question I had always wondered about, and that was if a huge Python or Boa could actually eat a human.

Very sad for the family.

Katherine

Gale Seddon":3ahuvcn5 said:
chrisy, I thought for sure there'd be a zillion replies to this one...how horrifying, especially...well, never mind. Looking at the first picture, I though 'well, that box isn't strong enough to hold THAT snake.' Some sort of python, isn't it? It really tweaks that primeval fear of being eaten alive (just thinking about the movie Jaws still does that to me). And you knew this man (the brother who's looking in the box)!!!??? I cannot imagine him finding his brother like this. Really, I think I'd rather have drowned in the tsunami than face such a creature. Someday maybe you'll share your experience with the tsunami, unbelievable, I'm sure.

not sure if anyone would want to hear about the tsunami experience. but I will write about it if you want me to.

I .d just like to know what you do for a living ---You are not your ordinary woosie English lady-

how come the snake was SENT to you --Man I hate those things we only have little garter snakes here -too cold for any others --good thing too

Carlos D.":2lbsujje said:
I .d just like to know what you do for a living ---You are not your ordinary woosie English lady-

how come the snake was SENT to you --Man I hate those things we only have little garter snakes here -too cold for any others --good thing too

I am a part time Childrens Nanny now, I look after two children brother and sister, ages 5 and 3, for three days a week. before my Son was born I was a Primary School Teacher. Teaching 5 - 6 year olds.

the actual snake wasn't sent to me just the photo. I did say 'this is the snake he sent us photo's of'......apparently someone saw the snake attack, called the Police and told them who they thought the man was, the authorities asked the family to be present for identification, when they opened up the snake it was who they thought it was, and the young man inside the thing had been missing since the tsunami, I'm not sure how long ago this photo was taken, as e-mails are few and far between form there.

I like snakes, I used to own two an Indian Python and an African Python. but they left with my first husband. they were getting to big and I did not like them around with my Daughter as she was only a baby at the time. although I must say I would never have any again.....we have garter and slow worm near us, but where my step-daughter lives they have Adder I don't like them, as the bite is poisonous, not always faital but can give a nasty punch to the system. no-one has died from Adder bite in over 20 years here. but still wouldn't chance it.

chrisy":2h3okwba said:
ShowLetter.jpg
The man in blue is one we stayed with in Sri Lanka
ShowLetter_01.jpg
this is the snake he sent us photo's of
03.jpg
wait to see what happens
02.jpg
if your squeamish don't look
041.jpg
this is the start......

05.jpg
this is what they found......GROSS.. it was his brother. he went missing after the Tsunami in 2004, that is when we stayed with them.

I have heard of this happening before, and have seen pics of it before, but still it is a sight to see. This does not look like a boa constictor, do you know what kind it is?

GMN

I have seen these photos many many times and it seems to me they are fake. I searched Snopes, and I know I've seen it there before, but it is not there now.

Here's my take -

Some of those photos are very grainy, indicating they are old.

The snake in the first photo is different than the rest of the photos.

I'll keep looking for the myth buster.

Edit - Found it - it is one of the top 25 Urban legends :
http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/w ... 61101a.htm

Dusty Britches":lrsram1w said:
I have seen these photos many many times and it seems to me they are fake. I searched Snopes, and I know I've seen it there before, but it is not there now.

Here's my take -

funny I have looked at the photo's and the snake in all the photo's is the same a diamond backed python. and yes I do know the family in the photo. so why would he send me fake photo's and say it was his brother, he has nothing to gain from such a story, he has not asked me to do anything with them, I was skeptical at first. asked a friend who is quite well up on snakes and he told me yes they could be real. It is rare but not unknown, in this part of the world. they find alligators and deer inside snakes so why not a man especially if he was injured and couldn't move.
The photo's on the site you sent were not these ones, it could be they are fake, but until I am told they are I will have to take his word for it.

Just curious...do you know when these pictures were taken? Seems a long time in the snake's stomach without being digested to me if they are recent pictures.

nrs farm":1xw9sefq said:
Just curious...do you know when these pictures were taken? Seems a long time in the snake's stomach without being digested to me if they are recent pictures.

they were taken only hours after the incident so I am told, one of the villagers saw what had happened and informed the family, they called the police and they came straight away. the brother had been missing since the Tsunami, and I am not sure how long ago these photo's were taken as it is still upside down over there and things take time to come across. it is a very poor Country. links are not always there in small outback villages. one e-mail I received was over two months old by the time it got here. I am only glad the family and us survived the ordeal, and we keep in touch.

Wow..did anyone else click onto that "urbanlegends" site?? As soon as I did, it sounded like world war 3 had started around here. My pop up blocker went crazy with the poppping sounds and it blocked 17 pop ups in about 30 seconds! Now I remember why I never click onto links I dont know the origin of.

Dusty Britches":17l6zclk said:

Edit - no you didn't.

The link you provided does indeed show a man being removed from a snake, but it's very clearly not the same man as in Chrisy's photos.

The man in Chrisy's pictures is wearing long pants, whereas the man in your link is wearing shorts.

Dusty Britches":6pczqqvn said:

Here's my take -

I too had seen this before, just couldn't remember where, it actually was something I googled for a school item, has a snake ever eaten a human? along those lines, and part of this picture came up. I still have my doubts about the photo, and or whether it was staged.

GMN

09_15_1.JPEG

09_15_0.JPEG

the top photo is my Son with the man who I am told is in the snake. and the bottom photo, the man in the black and white shirt, is the man in the white shirt by the tree in the original photo's.

these photo's were taken by me about 12 hours before the tsunami hit, it is Christmas night hence the Santa Hats. We had organized a Christmas Party English style with the managment. another post maybe one day.

Latest posts