Smoking

Help Support CattleToday:

RABill I am not an anti smoker ,just shower and change your clothes before you are around me and I will be fine, the funny thing is fresh smoke on clothing I can handle it is the stale smoke that I really cannot.

Smoke all you want as long as you do not do it around me ,my loved ones, or my beloved pets... :tiphat:

hillsdown":10bfq6ab said:
RABill I am not an anti smoker ,just shower and change your clothes before you are around me and I will be fine, the funny thing is fresh smoke on clothing I can handle it is the stale smoke that I really cannot.

Smoke all you want as long as you do not do it around me ,my loved ones, or my beloved pets... :tiphat:
I'm right there with you Hills I hate secondhand stale smoke or any smoke comes to that, It does stink.

Do only women complain about smoke smell or are there men that complain also? The reason I ask, I never met a man that complained about smoke. This leads me to another question...were women the underlying reason why taxes tripled for tobacco?

HerefordSire":tz05q3cb said:
Do only women complain about smoke smell or are there men that complain also? The reason I ask, I never met a man that complained about smoke. This leads me to another question...were women the underlying reason why taxes tripled for tobacco?

No it isn't a woman thing I can tell you my Husband hates the smell and so do my Brothers as did my first husband, there is no smoking allowed in any of our houses, it's out into the Garden if you care to smoke no matter who you are. One of my Brothers wont even let anyone smoke in the garden it is the street or go home, he would'nt even pass a clean ash tray, or a pack of Fag's over to our Dad.

chrisy":9o9e33st said:
HerefordSire":9o9e33st said:

No it isn't a woman thing I can tell you my Husband hates the smell and so do my Brothers as did my first husband, there is no smoking allowed in any of our houses, it's out into the Garden if you care to smoke no matter who you are. One of my Brothers wont even let anyone smoke in the garden it is the street or go home, he would'nt even pass a clean ash tray, or a pack of Fag's over to our Dad.

I don't care for most women's perfumes. Some are OK. But, too much perfume of any kind is unpleasant to me, stale or not stale. I would never say to anyone that they are wearing too much perfume and they are not allowed in my house or not allowed in a public place.

I was at the Horseshoe one evening playing a slot machine smoking and having a drink. Two seats over from me, a lady was playing a slot machine also. She told me the smoke was bothering her and made me feel guilty for smoking in a approved smoking area. I told the lady that they probably had some non-smoking areas.

I feel perfume and smoking is a bit different in the house. there are a lot of perfumes I dislike but it wont kill me as smoke inhalation might. and I dislike smoke smells, so why should I have it in my domain?.

chrisy":3pum3gku said:
I feel perfume and smoking is a bit different in the house. there are a lot of perfumes I dislike but it wont kill me as smoke inhalation might. and I dislike smoke smells, so why should I have it in my domain?.

What do the laws of England say about your domain? Can you prevent England from smoking in "your" property?

I may not be able to do anything by law, but I can ask them to leave anytime I choose as it is my house, as can anyone anywhere I would suspect. But all my friends and family that does smoke, and that is very few only three I can think of, would'nt even think of smoking in my house, we have to much respect for each other than to do something we would'nt like, in each others houses.

chrisy":2mem9nff said:
I may not be able to do anything by law, but I can ask them to leave anytime I choose as it is my house, as can anyone anywhere I would suspect. But all my friends and family that does smoke, and that is very few only three I can think of, would'nt even think of smoking in my house, we have to much respect for each other than to do something we would'nt like, in each others houses.

I went to lunch a little while ago. On the way out to the parking lot, I passed a woman wearing strong perfume. I had to run to the restroom because of nauseation. Can I get lung cancer from perfume? (I am just kidding about the nauseation just to make a point)

HerefordSire":n1upujw1 said:
chrisy":n1upujw1 said:

I went to lunch a little while ago. On the way out to the parking lot, I passed a woman wearing strong perfume. I had to run to the restroom because of nauseation. Can I get lung cancer from perfume? (I am just kidding about the nauseation just to make a point)

I think I passed that same lady yesterday. Almost took my breath it was so strong. "Ladies....put it on lightly.....otherwise it might as well be horse linament.

TexasBred":1q4cu0ow said:
HerefordSire":1q4cu0ow said:
chrisy":1q4cu0ow said:

I think I passed that same lady yesterday. Almost took my breath it was so strong. "Ladies....put it on lightly.....otherwise it might as well be horse linament.

Does makeup cause cancer?

TexasBred":2af6ou9h said:
HerefordSire":2af6ou9h said:
chrisy":2af6ou9h said:

Had a woman work for us one time that would ride to town with me every Sat. night.
She wore Magnolia Blossom perfume I think it was called. That stuff stunk. Bad. If I would have had to put up with it very long it would have made me sick.

HerefordSire":335tnxm5 said:
chrisy":335tnxm5 said:

I am sensitive to smells and perfume is one of them that bothers me most that and soured sweaty clothes will make me puke, my wife smokes and I chew Copenhagen, our son smoked and I could not stand the smell of his cigarettes but my wifes don't bother me
My wife does not smoke in our house or anyone else's
People have made comments that my wife is the politest smoker they have ever seen because she always goes outside to smoke no matter where we are and she never smokes in someone elses vehicle

Far fewer people smoke now than say, in 1960. Do disease statistics reflect this? Have cancer and heart disease been reduced by the corresponding amounts? If so, heart disease and cancer should be showing an 80 - 85% drop.

I doubt it............

Jim62":gz7kot7p said:
Far fewer people smoke now than say, in 1960. Do disease statistics reflect this? Have cancer and heart disease been reduced by the corresponding amounts? If so, heart disease and cancer should be showing an 80 - 85% drop.

I doubt it............

You can't say something like this. It's not politically correct. I bet you're a typical right wing gun owning male aren't you? :lol2:

chrisy":1chjr2je said:
HS....the simple answer to your question is NO......http://www.improvability.co.uk/toptips/makeup.html
scroll down a little and there is a piece on this Hoax that is going around.

Are you sure about that? The reason I ask, if makeup does cause breast cancer, should we triple the tax of cosmetics? Also, should we restrict contact of all women that wear cosmetics? How about women wearing cosmetics eating in restaurants? Should there be a cosmetic section and a non-cosmetic section?

Early this year the media reported that English researchers identified
parabens in samples of breast tumors. Parabens (alkyl esters of
p-hydroxybenzoic acid) are widely used as antimicrobial preservatives
in thousands of cosmetics, personal care products, pharmaceutical
products, and food. There are six commonly used forms (Methylparaben,
Ethylparaben, p-Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, n-Butylparaben and
Benzylparaben) and it is estimated that they are used in at least
13,200 cosmetics products. According to the lead researcher of the
recent study, Philippa Darbre, an oncology expert at the university of
Reading, in Edinburgh, the chemical form of the parabens found in 18 of
the 20 tumors tested indicated that they originated from something
applied to the skin, the most likely candidates being deodorants,
antiperspirants, creams, or body sprays.

Breast cancer is the most common cancer among women, accounting for
nearly one of every three cancers diagnosed in U.S. women. For 2003,
it is estimated that 211,300 new cases of invasive breast cancer were
diagnosed in women with an additional 55,700 cases of in situ breast
cancer. For many years there have been rumors that underarm deodorants
and antiperspirants used by millions of women, mainly in the West,
might increase the risk of breast cancer. But most researchers thought
this idea seemed too far-fetched, the product of paranoid female minds,
typically substituting rational scientific thinking with
unsophisticated, primitive beliefs. Enter the late nineties. From
1998 on, reports started appearing stating that parabens had
estrogenic-like activity in mice, in rats, and in human breast cancer
cells in the lab. Since most breast cancers respond to estrogen the
link between deodorants and breast cancer did not seem so outlandish
anymore. So, currently, questioning the safety of applying
hormone-mimicking compounds to an areas so close to the breast appears
to have gained some legitimacy. In addition, estrogen/progesterone
Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) was found to significantly increase
breast cancer risk making the paraben/cancer connection even more
plausible.

http://www.organicconsumers.org/bodycar ... 090604.cfm

grannysoo":1bcqvtk7 said:
Jim62":1bcqvtk7 said:

I doubt it............

You can't say something like this. It's not politically correct. I bet you're a typical right wing gun owning male aren't you? :lol2:

Jim62...that is what I have been saying all along. The data proves that smoking does not cause cancer. Smoking does the opposite. It allows us to live longer. Read the negative replies I received. If you notice, almost every one of the negative replies are women which is why I started wondering if this was a woman thing.

If you have an extra $1,000 and you smoke, you may want to run down to the cigarette shop and stock up on tobacco before they run out. The law just passed.

HerefordSire":2ueztlw6 said:
If you have an extra $1,000 and you smoke, you may want to run down to the cigarette shop and stock up on tobacco before they run out. The law just passed.

Prez and company have been the best salesmen that a few industries have ever had. Let's add the tobacco companies to that same list...

Latest posts