Smart Battery Charger ?

Help Support CattleToday:

Stocker Steve

Reaction score
Have lots of fencer batteries here. My smart charger works well, but I have a couple questions:

Fully charged batteries will drop about a volt and up to 20% of capacity after just sitting just a couple days. What is going on here?

Some middle aged batteries do not fault out, but also do not fully charge, after a day or two of charging. Any tips on reconditioning or improving this kind of battery?

Stocker Steve said:
Have lots of fencer batteries here. My smart charger works well, but I have a couple questions:

Fully charged batteries will drop about a volt and up to 20% of capacity after sitting just a couple days. What is going on here?

Some middle aged batteries do not fault out, but also do not fully charge, are a day or two of charing. Any tips on reconditioning or using this kind of battery?

Temperature? I have found when it's hot I get anomaly's.
Moved the charger out of the shop and into the climate controlled man cave.
Battery issues seemed to resolve themselves. I just couldn't stand them charging in the cave. Fire hazards scared me.

Takes a long time to charge a battery. Couple days at trickle charge just to revive them properly. Quick charges don't produce a strong battery. Get a little 20 watt solar panel and charge controller for each fencer and you'll have a fully charged battery all the time.

Latest posts