Sleep Apnea

Help Support CattleToday:

I haven't lost family members but I did have a friend die.

Aside from death, what about quality of life ? Good rest has value. I listen to my wife fret in her sleep, stop breathing, and then start again. It scares me so bad I become wide awake. She is tired in the a.m. I'd like for her to get good rest every night. Some people are tired all day long. It seems to me if people get proper rest, they'd be happier and in a better mood.

backhoeboogie":e3heq3ne said:

Aside from death, what about quality of life ? Good rest has value. I listen to my wife fret in her sleep, stop breathing, and then start again. It scares me so bad I become wide awake. She is tired in the a.m. I'd like for her to get good rest every night. Some people are tired all day long. It seems to me if people get proper rest, they'd be happier and in a better mood.
I am going to try what every the Doctor says I need. Was told could lease a machine to try. Let you know what ever happens.

hurleyjd":2bjitu7h said:
backhoeboogie":2bjitu7h said:

I am going to try what every the Doctor says I need. Was told could lease a machine to try. Let you know what ever happens.

I know the c-pap sure changed my life for the better, I know first hand what your wife is going through.
You won't be sorry, doing what the Doc says, if it helps you as much as it did me, like I said best thing I ever done.

hurleyjd":3gy9wr2x said:

If your results are like mine you will ask why you waited this long. Don't get me wrong. I cuss it almost every night having to "strap in" but the results are worth it. I suffocate without it.

rollinhills":2p7mvjpu said:
hurleyjd":2p7mvjpu said:
backhoeboogie":2p7mvjpu said:

I know the c-pap sure changed my life for the better, I know first hand what your wife is going through.
You won't be sorry, doing what the Doc says, if it helps you as much as it did me, like I said best thing I ever done.

She finally got her machine last Friday.

backhoeboogie":3hkatfbc said:
rollinhills":3hkatfbc said:
hurleyjd":3hkatfbc said:

She finally got her machine last Friday.

How is she doing with it?

rollinhills":1lxb3x0g said:
How is she doing with it?

She's not snoring ! :) I think she sleeps sound for 5 hours or so. Good rest. But then she has a hard time going back to sleep with the apparatus on. I haven't woken up, heard her stop breathing, and been scared to death.

Likely it will take some time for her to get used to sleeping with it. Mostly I am wanting her to get good rest. That breathing thing is scary.

I was diagnosed with it when I was 25. I've used a machine for the last 5 years. I've only went without it twice, and both times, I was awake all night. I still don't sleep the best, but with the mask ensures I do get some rest.

skyhightree1":1depssnf said:
I was officially diagnosed nosed with it got my new toy.. my bff wants a selfie of me in the mask...

ya know....this is exactly how Darth Vader started out too.......
sez the guy that has some stainless and plastic aftermarket part inside his heart.
;-)

(My b-i-l has been using a cpac for years..no worse the wear and my sister wishes he'd gotten one years sooner.)

greybeard":sbwekdxz said:
skyhightree1":sbwekdxz said:
I was officially diagnosed nosed with it got my new toy.. my bff wants a selfie of me in the mask...

sez the guy that has some stainless and plastic aftermarket part inside his heart.
;-)

(My b-i-l has been using a cpac for years..no worse the wear and my sister wishes he'd gotten one years sooner.)
My wife needs one with sound proofing, she's really starting to snore.

Mayo clinic study found most sudden heart attack deaths for people without sleep apnea occur between 9 am - 9 pm
And between midnight - 6 am for people with sleep apnea.

Most people say they would prefer die in their sleep.... would that make sleep apnea a solution? :)

My aunt was director of nursing at a major hospital and I remember years ago her saying their highest death rate was
always between 3 am - 5 am

True Grit Farms":3o2fsqb8 said:
greybeard":3o2fsqb8 said:
skyhightree1":3o2fsqb8 said:

;-)

My wife needs one with sound proofing, she's really starting to snore.

Vince,
If she gets a CPAP, there will be no snoring....Just ask my wife! :roll:

Latest posts