Skype - talking live via internet

Help Support CattleToday:

HatCreekFan

Reaction score
A friend of mine showed me this. Anybody else heard of it? By getting a free download for the software, Skype, you can talk LIVE via the Internet. To anybody in the world. It's pretty cool. The directions to download are simple, didn't take long, and it's easy to use. After installing it, you can search for people you know that would have it, and 'call' them - and talk to them live!

http://www.skype.com

(yes, this is what I'm doing instead of grading papers after school...) :oops:

sounds like a new type of messenger (like MSN and Yahoo which do the same) but who doesn't like the idea of "free long distance"? :D I sure wish that my grandma could work a computer!

Careful!!!!!
There is a new IRC viri running around out there.
If that VoIP software uses the same ports as IRC (and some do) you could be in for troubles unless your machine has the latest MS patches in place

it really does work. We talk to each other here at school... as if it's a real pain to pick up the phone, I know.

Our district is pretty good about virus stuff/protection, so hopefully we're okay.

I'm not for sure, but I have heard there is about a $90.00 monthly charge. Can anyone dispute. That would be pretty expensive for most people if true.

It's free. Really.

go to skype.com and check it out. if you wanna try it, download it and pm me. I'm looking forward to talking to my sister up in South Bend, IN. for free. :)

HatCreekFan":li72ceo6 said:
It's free. Really.

go to skype.com and check it out. if you wanna try it, download it and pm me. I'm looking forward to talking to my sister up in South Bend, IN. for free. :)
I'm leery of it since it caused my puter to crash about 2 yr. ago, maybe longer.

if it is free i am leary (sp) of it ! what protection are they offering aganist the dreaded hackers that seem to prey on this sort of program to do more damage?
better to make the phone call :D :D :D

Latest posts