Skull ID?

Help Support CattleToday:

I've found skulls before, that had what looked like worn down teeth but I'm not sure that didn't happen while laying out in the woods for years and years, as that one appears to have done.

We have a lion over population problem here. One of the things we are finding is that as the mommas get old, or their teeth get like this they move within a very short distance of places with cats, chickens, goats , sheep what have you.
They are still putting out litters but they are teaching the offspring to go after easy prey.

It is not suprising someone found that skull so close to the house.

I must not be the only one who keeps "specimens" in the freezer. had a whole bobcat in my chest freezer for a couple years. LOL
Yeah it's like a morgue over here. His skin is at the taxidermist. Normally I wouldn't do that but this one is personal and he was in excess of 425lbs. He is gonna hang over the back of my couch. Might have to get a bigger couch though. Hehe

I must not be the only one who keeps "specimens" in the freezer. had a whole bobcat in my chest freezer for a couple years. LOL
I had a coyote I wanted to put in a freezer. I didn't have a chest freezer, so I swung by sister and brother in-laws place, no one was home, I went ahead and put the coyote in their chest freezer. They found it before I was able to let them know. They ask me not to do that again. 🙂🙃🙂

I had a coyote I wanted to put in a freezer. I didn't have a chest freezer, so I swung by sister and brother in-laws place, no one was home, I went ahead and put the coyote in their chest freezer. They found it before I was able to let them know. They ask me not to do that again. 🙂🙃🙂
My father did the same thing to my sis and brother-in-law, with an 8' alligator. (he didn't bother gutting or wrapping it up either. )
Didn't go over well.

I inherited a mounted head and have eaten bear but we don't see them too often here. once in a while. see tracks when it gets dry in the mountains. what does it cost to get a hide done?
This guy is good and significantly less than most but he quoted me 1300. He tried to talk me into a full live mount as the bear has a white spot on his chest. For that he wanted 3200. I thought about it but it was a bit above my means. Also we are in a small oldass double wide with low ceilings until we can build in the next 5yrs or so and I am gonna need 10 ft ceilings to not feel closterphobic with this guy.. rug it is.

Latest posts