Six bulls in a row....

Help Support CattleToday:

lilmac

Reaction score
So anyway, last year I got the fat idea to put a black angus bull on some of my longhorn cows. I bought a commercial bull, not the best to look at but hey; it don't take much to add mucle to a longhorn right :lol2: After the boy finished his job I sold him and got my money back. The 6th calf hit the ground today and they are all bulls. I have never had this happen befor. God has blesed us this year. :nod:  My wife said "you may be sorry you sold that bull" but I said na I want to put a charolais on them next. I have a new longhorn bull for the rest of the cows.                   Mac
P1010007g.JPG
P1010004h.JPG

Why a charolais? I have sold a couple of bulls to longhorn breeders and they say a charolais will knock the spots off the longhorns. Is this true? I know a charolais will add muscle and growth, but a calf that is yellow will get hammered at a sale barn in Texas.

Seen the creams do so-so here and yes the spots are gone. I'v heard that a charolias will do well on a longhorn, thought that I would try and see.
Mac

congrats on the 6 bull calves.that means your gonna have a nice check come weaning time.i know your wanting a few heifers to.the calves sure look good.

Thank you masterbeef your advice means so much to me :lol2: but ya it will be a commercial bull, I am just not going to buy a high priced reg. sire to put on longhorns. :tiphat:
Mac

Latest posts