Sinclair Extra 4X13

Help Support CattleToday:

blk mule

Reaction score
While watching RFD today, The Sale had several bulls
sired by Sinclair Extra 4X13. Every one of his young bulls appeared to be thick and deep the kind one would consider using on his cows has anyone any comments on this bull.

blk mule

My ultrasound tech was just telling to look at this bull that there asre several sales with his progeny in them. Said they would work well on my commercial herefords to build baldies. Dont know anymore than that for now. Genex has semen available on him.

Jeff

blk mule":19v8gppm said:
While watching RFD today, The Sale had several bulls
sired by Sinclair Extra 4X13. Every one of his young bulls appeared to be thick and deep the kind one would consider using on his cows has anyone any comments on this bull.

blk mule

I missed the sale. Did they have a good one? Sorry, I don't know anything about the bull, but Sinclair bought the N Bar outfit and EXT's "daddy," Tom Elliott, is working with/for them now. So they're into linebreeding. They've also brought some Angus bulls from Scotland to the US. Here's their website. You might want to read their Newsletters, on the lower right hand side of the page.

http://www.sinclaircattle.com/

Heres a few I picked off the internet:
Lot4- an EXT son with RR Rito 707 as mgs sold for $80000 to Dave Duncan Wa--- lot52 a Sinclair Extra 4X13 son with Emulation 5522 mgs sold for $20000 ---- lot53 another Extra 4X13 son with EXT as mgs sold for $28000 to RADCLIFF OK....

Lot 14 a triple bred EXT that many were talking about sold for $3250..

Oldtimer":2rsvghkz said:
Lot4- an EXT son with RR Rito 707 as mgs sold for $80000 to Dave Duncan Wa--- lot52 a Sinclair Extra 4X13 son with Emulation 5522 mgs sold for $20000 ---- lot53 another Extra 4X13 son with EXT as mgs sold for $28000 to RADCLIFF OK....

What did you think of the bulls?

Frankie":299ygf4e said:
Oldtimer":299ygf4e said:

What did you think of the bulls?

I only watched 50-60 lots sell- but thought they looked good...I've always liked the old N Bar program cattle as they maintained moderate size- maternal qualities and have cattle with muscling and fleshing ability...
I've used both 5522 and EXT sons in the past with both great and terrible results-with some problems showing up with disposition problems in some of the EXT's that had to be culled- but those that didn't were the best of cows...

I'm planning on using N Bar Prime Time D806 this spring on the heifers and bought a young bull last fall, that my son will be picking up tomorrow, that is a son of Legacy 3R9 out of double bred Viking cow that has EXT as a maternal great grandsire- that I will use as a cleanup bull and on some of the registered cows with hopes he'll make a herdsire...

McCumber's have 17 Sinclair Extra 4X13 bulls for sale on Monday March 31. The Extra's pictured in the catalog are moderate framed and thick. The sale is on Superior.

Latest posts