Sinclair Female Sale

Help Support CattleToday:

Oldtimer

Reaction score
Another cold rainy day- so I listened to half the sale as they couldn't get their video feed to work til half way in the sale--and then after they did- they maybe shouldn't have ;-) ... Several of the cows were pretty hot- and about the 5th or 6th one after they got their video back- an old gal took the ringman, followed him right behind the barrier, breaking the barrier, making him have to take refuge up with the auctioneer, and then got stuck behind the barrier which held up the sale a little while... :lol2:

You could have got her for $1200- about the cheapest cow sold..(She wouldn't be worth any more than about $55 @ cwt to me- no matter how good of breeding she had... )

With all the $10,000, 20,000 and $30,000 cows that started off the sale- I figured they would do pretty fair for an average..Besides the ones with attitude- I thought those I saw sell on the internet looked pretty good for what you could see....

An awful lot of the cattle in that sale were either linebred EXT or had a lot of EXT influence...I like the type of the Sinclair cattle- but prefer their Dale Davis and Jorgenson lines over much of their N-Bar/EXT line...

310 Lots Totaled $1,038,550 an average of $3356...

I watched the sale as well. I thought the prices were high. Had a guy check some lots for me . . . said he really didn't like any of them . . . . they all took $2000+.

Latest posts