Simmental/Jersey Cross??

Help Support CattleToday:

A-RRanch

Reaction score
Came across some Simmental/Jersey cross 4 year old cows with 6 week old angus sired calves at their side for $2300 a pair.....Has anyone ever heard of this cross?

It would be fine with me if every cow in my field was 1/4 jersey, but not half. You may even have some issues with too much milk. Also what do they weigh? When your giving that much for cows, you want to be able to get some of your back if you have to pound them out in the near future for lost calves etc.

I haven't seen a sim-jersey cross but in Wisconsin Jersey gets crossed with a lot of different breeds. Mostly on dairies. Have actually heard that a little jersey in the mix is pretty decent for the meat quality. So the angus calves could be good feeders. If there are any heifers and you kept them they could be some decent cows.

There are odd combinations all over. The great part is, is that there is breed to compliment almost every combo. :)

396.JPG

There's a bit of Holstein in her too; 1/4 or less. Sire was Simmental.

Her angus-sired heifer calf at a day old:
simangus.jpg

Maybe a bit high but what do u think them calves would bring right now? They should go $2 lb for sure. I would say take them all for $20,000

there was a bald face tiger with them she was a good looking cow with a good calf not bad price for her but I don't know about 2300 forthe dairy crosses seems kinda high I seen some dairy crosses with beefmaster calves about the same size for 1500-1800 depending on the cows age

I wanted that Bald Face and he agreed to sell her to me for $2000 I was supposed to pick her up today. Somebody came yesterday and gave him asking price for the whole herd (so he says) and he sold her out from under me. Cant blame him I guess but I really liked that pair....

A-RRanch":1ozzlvhk said:
I wanted that Bald Face and he agreed to sell her to me for $2000 I was supposed to pick her up today. Somebody came yesterday and gave him asking price for the whole herd (so he says) and he sold her out from under me. Cant blame him I guess but I really liked that pair....

I can blame him. If you had a deal on the one cow he should have stuck with it. And if he got his asking price for the whole herd I'd like to meet the buyer. I might have a few I could sell him (or her). ;-)

Rafter S I was thinking the same thing...lol. On another note since you are right across the river here which Navasota barn do you prefer?

Latest posts