Simmental heifer

Help Support CattleToday:

Fire Sweep Ranch

Reaction score
Here is a little gem we took to farm fest with us. She is just a Feb born heifer, out of a first calf heifer, sired by Grandmaster. I convinced Ron to purchase some of his semen from SS because we consistently get this kind of calf from him. She was just weaned about 30 days ago, has not been on much feed (about 5 pounds a day in a bunk with several others). We decided to bring her in and put her on display at farm fest only because she needed to be halter broke and what a better way to do it!
We had so much interest in her, my daughter decided to consign her to our state sale in November for a show heifer. When she gets on feed, she is going to just bloom. She has a great personality, so we have high hopes for her. Since my daughter has gone off to college, she has no time to work with all her potential show heifers so she sold one to her younger brother and has decided to offer this one for sale to help with college expenses. She has a fall born this year she can show next year if she decided, and several other spring calves still in the field and not weaned.
I think this heifer cleaned up nice. I took her over to a friends place yesterday to get her picture taken for the sale.

31772ti.jpg

I'm as far removed from the show, a.i. , and e.t. world as you can get but she looks like a potenial donor cow to me. sure someone can win some ribbons (purple ???) if they can be last bidder on her. I'd start doing chores earlier if she was in my barn.

Latest posts