Simangus / Brangus

Help Support CattleToday:

Brangus179

Reaction score
Hello, I am new to the forum so I want to start by saying hi and I apologize if my question has already been answered on here at some other time, but I couldn't find anything on the topic.

I recently inherited a brangus farm with about 50 head of pure bred brangus and one pure bred brangus bull. The cows range from two years of age to about sixteen years of age. Recently I have been doing some reading and got interested in possibly replacing my brangus bull with a simangus bull. I am not sure what the advantages would be, if any as well as any disadvantages.

Typically what we do is sell breeding heifers and steers. I was curious if it would be better to use a simangus or keep it pure brangus. Thanks in advance for any help.

If you already have a market for your calves I'd strongly recommend sticking with straight Brangus. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Rafter S":1n32w8yn said:
If you already have a market for your calves I'd strongly recommend sticking with straight Brangus. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Good advice. What your talking about, is actually a really nice cross. I still think I'd stick with the purebreds.

Latest posts