sick cow

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I have a pregnant cow she is 12 years old she has rapid breathing no discharge from nose or any other problems. I know she is not in labor. She has been like this for 3 days no better or no worse. Thank everyone very much for the help. (she is a brahman)
 
OP
A

Anonymous

If the weather is hot and humid or has just turned hot that could be part of the problem. Could be the calf position (if in the third period) restricting the diaphragm

dun

> I have a pregnant cow she is 12
> years old she has rapid breathing
> no discharge from nose or any
> other problems. I know she is not
> in labor. She has been like this
> for 3 days no better or no worse.
> Thank everyone very much for the
> help. (she is a brahman)
 
OP
A

Anonymous

Thanks for your reply Dun, I don't know what period she is in but she is pretty big my bull and other cows are ok but it has been pretty humid and hot she has had a calf every year since i have had her and she has never done it before but you are probley right i never though of the calf position she seems to want to stay to herself. Thanks for the info. jim

'> If the weather is hot and humid or
> has just turned hot that could be
> part of the problem. Could be the
> calf position (if in the third
> period) restricting the diaphragm

> dun
 
OP
A

Anonymous

As we get older we don't handle heat and humidity as well as in our younger years. Cows are the same. We had an old cow this year that was almost paralyzed on either the left or right rear for the last week before she calved depending on how the claf was laying. She never had a problem in the past, but she's getting up in years. That's what made me think of the position thing.

dun

> Thanks for your reply Dun, I don't
> know what period she is in but she
> is pretty big my bull and other
> cows are ok but it has been pretty
> humid and hot she has had a calf
> every year since i have had her
> and she has never done it before
> but you are probley right i never
> though of the calf position she
> seems to want to stay to herself.
> Thanks for the info. jim

> '> If the weather is hot and
> humid or
 
OP
A

Anonymous

Dun, Checked on her this evening still the same but no worse. I think you solved my problem. I think she will be ok. Thanks again.jim > As we get older we don't handle
> heat and humidity as well as in
> our younger years. Cows are the
> same. We had an old cow this year
> that was almost paralyzed on
> either the left or right rear for
> the last week before she calved
> depending on how the claf was
> laying. She never had a problem in
> the past, but she's getting up in
> years. That's what made me think
> of the position thing.

> dun
 
OP
A

Anonymous

> We have an older red angus that does the same thing. She Just now calved, and seems to be breathing heavy still. I think its just age. Shes been heavy breathing for quite awhile. Vet thought pnemonia, but there is no fever or runny nose. So I do think its her age, and shes just going to have to have a little special treatment !!

Dun, Checked on her this evening
> still the same but no worse. I
> think you solved my problem. I
> think she will be ok. Thanks
> again.jim > As we get older we
> don't handle
 

Latest posts

Top