SHOWING A BRAHMAN HEIFER

Help Support CattleToday:

BRAFORDMAN

Reaction score
Could not get any replies on the show board so decied to try here.

I have a half brahman half nelore heifer. That i would like to show at All american. She is very gentle I can rub all over her. And she is very thick. I just have to halter break her.

What are the Grooming requirements on showing brahman?

Much much easier than other breeds. A good hose down, none of them blowers etc. Once you have her quiet and taught showring etiquette you 'll have no problem. I have noted over the years I have been showing ( since 1975) that you can't stuff them with feed as much as say a British breed. They will only eat what they want whereas the others seem to keep eating.I know when I show South Devon and Brahman, Brahmans are the easiest to groom, but the greyer or whiter they are they might need a bit more washing than say a red. If you live in a warm part their coats will be fine but you might need to brush them a bit more if the weather turns cold, because Brahmans can get a bit longer coat in cooler areas ( I live at 3,000 feet altitude.) Just make sure you some noise around you when you start to break her in, I always have a radio going, because if she only sees you she might get spooked at a show with all the unusual noises about.

Ok Thanks. She is already gentle. I can rub her everywhere. Once the halter breaking is done. She wil be ready to go. All my brahman heifers areon show feed. So she is pretty fat.

And I will use a radio as well.

Latest posts