Show your 2014 weaners

Help Support CattleToday:

cowgirl8

Reaction score
Its almost weaning time. Show us your weaners...

Still tons of grass, we've been blessed this year.

If i knew someone who wanted to show a commercial heifer, this would be one i'd suggest. She's got that eye catching maroon brindle color thats almost black.

Photofolio refuses to work on my new phone, I will take a bunch of pictures before I wean today though, perhaps get a chance to upload them tonight while at a motel or something.. If I'm not celebrating and getting smashed at a bar! lol

I weaned at around 575 this time..all 6 of them. :lol2: :lol2: ....$2.36 a pound 6 weeks ago. Danged proud of it too.

Nesikep":30hk3i20 said:
Photofolio refuses to work on my new phone, I will take a bunch of pictures before I wean today though, perhaps get a chance to upload them tonight while at a motel or something.. If I'm not celebrating and getting smashed at a bar! lol
Hope you don't have a head ache the next day Nesi! Let us know how you do.

cowgirl8":31ouia40 said:
Its almost weaning time. Show us your weaners...

Still tons of grass, we've been blessed this year.

If i knew someone who wanted to show a commercial heifer, this would be one i'd suggest. She's got that eye catching maroon brindle color thats almost black.
Nice calves. The one with the blaze face is my favorite.

Thanks.....the w/f is a heifer.
Here is big fluffy bull calf, the one who is like our helper bull with BBJ... Here he is standing with a cafl his age, and the smaller are heifers calves and a month or two younger. But, as you can see, this calf is a freak. He and his brother will get a small herd of black cows for their own next year(although, if his brother bred anyone hopefully we'll be able to tell which are his and ifs its not good they will both go to sale). We want to see what we'll get out of them, may be good, may be duds..

He is nice calf but personally I won't use him as a breeding bull or a helper bull at all. Looks like he has a problem with his sheath already. Market is still good and the prices are still high.

Pig1.jpg

Latest posts