Should make CB groan, bull went to the sale

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
I took my herd bull to the sale on Tues. Weighed 2154 and went for 54.5 cwt. It was kind of like taking my dog to the pound. But wait, the check should be here in the next day or two and all my sorrows will be gone. :D

Sorry CB just joking around.

Alan

He was a good looking bull.
Hey we all get alittle sad when a good working animal has to be taken off the line for whatever reason.
Doesnt matter how long you are in this or any other business. Change is hard for all of us, I am sure you will miss the old guy.
If for no other reason other than you knew what to expect.
Sounds like you did alright on him.
Yes checks make all things better...

MD

Although he was nothing special pedigree wise my last bull gave me 3 good sets of calves, 100% conception, only once ( the first and last time when he arrived here ) challenged me, and never had a health problem.

You almost feel a little guilty shipping them, but the reason they were what they were is you made a good decision having them on your place, and you treated them as a bull needs to be treated.

I don't know where Laddie went, I refused to sell him generically with papers, ( $0.59 /lb at 1900 lbs at the end of servicing 32 on a drought pasture ) but I am sure looking forward to Marty's calves!

( Names of beasts added for the benefit of certain caustic/toxic viewers ). :lol:

Sounds like good hamburger to me... and good income too.

Maybe some X-lax would make him- {Mr. CB} stop groanin. Almost every thread he is on, He is trying to humiliate someone.

tryinhard

CB, watch where ya step, you've got a poodle disguised as a bulldog tryinhard to bite your pantleg. jp

jp":15mcf0wd said:
CB, watch where ya step, you've got a poodle disguised as a bulldog tryinhard to bite your pantleg. jp

Not to worry about (tryin).I am waiting for him to get into a real cattle discussion other than feeding baby food to cows and we are going to play.

Latest posts