Shorthorn bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

Another sorry bunch of bulls from our neighbors up nort.

I sure hope you folks learn how to breed a good shortie some day. ;-)

:tiphat:

Might be the thing up there but turn those things out down here and the calves would be about as popular as a turd in the cistern.

216U.JPG

213U.JPG

366U.JPG

This is the type of shorthorns I just don't see way down here. Good looking bulls.

I like roans.

Thanks for posting those. Nice looking fellas. Our best commercial cows have been our Shorthorn x simmental cows. Going to start making them again in the next couple of years.

Good looking bulls am thinking of using saskvalley ramrod 155 to ai some pb cows is he the sire of some of these? I have raised shorthorn for a few years and they are getting more popular every year very good to cross with any other breed. They put some meat on those blacks!

cmf1, thank you for changing the size of the pictures. How do you do that? :help:

thunder downunder, we did not take a picture of 168U because by the looks of things he will be culled because of small scrotal size. We will semen test all the bulls in a couple of weeks and we will take a measurement at that time.

Tamarack, here are the bulls that are sired by Saskvalley Ramrod 155R that we took pictures of.

329U

4U

28U

27U

329U.JPG

329U
4U.JPG

4U
28U.JPG

28U

Didn't see 27U on your ranchers.
You got to right click on the full size image, not the thumbnail, and "copy image location"
Then just paste on your post.

Fine bulls.

turning grass into beef":2ettjzug said:
thank you once again cfm1. I tried to right click on the full size image but I am not given the option "copy image location". I am only given "copy" and "copy shortcut" (among other irrelevant options). Such is life. :D

When you right click on the bigger image down the bottom there should be an option called properties. If you click that a box should pop up and in the box you should see the image location. Then you can just highlight that and copy paste.

I think 366U is my pick. Although 57U is close. 213U isn't as correct in his legs.

Just talked to a rancher from western Kansas who just closed out a pen of linebred Shorthorn steers he retained ownership on.Sold for.92/lb plus 35.00 for source verification and without the advantage of hybrid vigor his feed costs were 61.5 cts per lb of gain in a large commercial feed lot with no special care.You can dump that terd in my cistern anytime !!

I just noticed that put the wrong picture in for 57U. The above picture is of bull number 216U. Here is the picture for 57U (I'll cross my fingers and hope to get this right).
57U.JPG

57U

Also here is the bigger picture of 27U
27U.JPG

HEY....THIS REALLY WORKS :banana: :banana: :banana:
thanks ausie cowgirl.

Roan: The birthweight on 366U is 70 pounds. That is well below the average for all of the bull calves, but that is good. He is out of a 2 year old heifer. We use low birthweight bulls when breeding our yearling heifers.

When analyzing feet and legs I find that looking at pictures sometimes does not tell the whole story. This is why I posted the link to our youtube page. You can see the bulls on the move.

R.N. Reed: Those are good, concrete numbers that cannot be disputed. Thanks for posting them. The information that is much more subjective and harder to quantify is the positive influence shorthorns will have on your replacement heifers (and thus of course eventually your cow herd). You and I that have first hand experience know this. It is just sometimes hard to prove that to those that have not had shorthorn cows.

Latest posts