Shorthorn Bull, Look him over

Help Support CattleToday:

roanbullman

Reaction score
b]Please look him over. Appreciate your comments.His calves look great; Lot's of muscle and bone. Has delevoped into an impressive individual. Approx. present weight 2000# In great breeding condition, not over done.

Our Muscular Herd Sire has a great pedigree. Look him over, He has the stuff to improve many herds.

Semen tested, DNA tested and TH Free

MM Wild Card Sny 04 (*x4094743)

Born 10/18/04 Polled

WHR Sonny 8114 X MM Mary Kaye BXR97

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p223 ... d_Card.jpg

It is definetly the same bull.

He happens to have a good coating of mud or something else on his legs in mature photo. I had just let him out of the bull pen to get a picture on grass. He wasn't taken to the wash rack as was his show photo.

That bull looks good from what I see whats a good price for a decent Reg. shorthorn bull and for a heifer I never looked into the shorthorn market

Sorry, but I HATE having to open links for pictures so........

Shorthorn_Bull_Wild_Card.jpg

wild_card_shorthorn_bull_.jpg

Decent looking bull.

roanbullman":19f2jo5t said:
It is definetly the same bull.

He happens to have a good coating of mud or something else on his legs in mature photo. I had just let him out of the bull pen to get a picture on grass. He wasn't taken to the wash rack as was his show photo.

Ahh, I do like him.

Thanks cowgirl for posting his images.

As far as BW and calving ease. Wild Card isn't a bull for all heifers. But he isn't a cow killer as some bigger bulls are.
We used him on only four heifers. Had to light pull two of them, no hard pulls. On his cow group no pulls all unassisted.
Calves average BW 85.5#. 2# over rest of herd average.

His frame score is 6.5, Hip height at 24 mo 57.0"
So he is good size, but no 8 frame. Used him on a few 5 frame cows, very muscular and with depth in these calves as result.

Have been reading this discussion board for a good while, so decided to post a thread.

I appreciate the groups comments. Thank you.

Latest posts