Shoeing a nervous horse

Help Support CattleToday:

I have heard about it, but haven't tried it. That guy had successfully handled that foot prior to the duct tape. The shoe was shaped and ready to nail.

It could "temporarily" distract one. Problem with any gimmick, the horse is reacting from fear. You didn't conquer the fear, you avoided the behavior, with a distraction.

Exactly a gimmick. Worked with that horse on that day.
I can see a farrier doing it to get one done and get down the road. Before he leaves he should tell his customer to have that crap worked out before he comes back.

My horse shoer is full of ****. He tried to tell me he had a mule to show one time and it wouldn't stand still. So he took an ear and nailed it to the side of the barn with a 16 penny nail gun. The mule sat there and he did one side, pulled the nail out and nailed the other ear to work on the other side.

NolanCountyAG":evb7v0ue said:
My horse shoer is full of ****. He tried to tell me he had a mule to show one time and it wouldn't stand still. So he took an ear and nailed it to the side of the barn with a 16 penny nail gun. The mule sat there and he did one side, pulled the nail out and nailed the other ear to work on the other side.

Yeah he's full of it alright. I've heard it all.

The best one is about him winning the calf roping at the houston livestock show in a full body cast.... Like seriously?? I've gotten to where I just tie horses up and leave a check so I don't have to talk.

Latest posts