Sheriff Radio Tower

Help Support CattleToday:

mitch2

Reaction score
Is on property and up for contract renewal. Last contract was for 25 years. They want another contract for at least 25 years again, as they are going to erect a new tower, next to the existing, so as to not go without service.
Should I get a lawyer?
How much is this worth?
Do I give a break to the county, and whatever they want to offer be ok?

Anybody with any experience with this?

Would be appreciated!
Thanks... Michele

How many county employees or elected officials are giving the county a break?
Why should you be anymore "charitable" then them.

Well, I see your point.
But....
I figure whatever more that I get from the previous contract, they will just add that to the budget, and EVERYONE would end up paying for it. Even if it is a small amount in the scope of things.

I don't want to gouge, just asking for fair.

Lawyers aren't fair. They gouge. At least any time I have had to deal with them. So I guess my question is better off being stated....

How can I find out a fair price for cell tower rent?
And anything I should ask for or look out for?

See... I don't even know what I should be looking out for!!

Michele

mitch2":3vh02hxb said:
I don't want to gouge, just asking for fair.

Don't get me wrong... I understand your side. But in the same light....just what is wrong with the current tower that they feel they need a brand spanking new one to be paid for by the taxpayer? Who are they leasing tower space to?

How much does it de-evaluate your propery, about 15 years ago when it was a boom in this area with the commercial cell phone towers they were paying $800 to $1000 a month, I'm sure the price has now inflated.

cowboy43":205v29if said:
How much does it de-evaluate your propery, about 15 years ago when it was a boom in this area with the commercial cell phone towers they were paying $800 to $1000 a month, I'm sure the price has now inflated.
We don't know where "this area" is. If you would put your general location in the space where your name and avatar goes it would help.

Here are a few facts.
Pretty much highest spot in the county. I think all other towers link or run off this tower... I don't know how this stuff works (can you tell)!
70' by 70' is what they need.
This is right next to the road about 35' off the side in an old abandoned shale pit thats small to begin with at the very most southern edge of our property, on the opposite side of the road which except for this spot is all woods.
Free standing tower - they need a bigger one because they want to add a couple of services so there would be a total of 4 users.... Hwy, Sheriff, Fire and paging.
They said they were not looking for outside sources to "rent" or use, I think I can add a clause that if they do, I can get XX % of the income.

Thanks everyone!

Michele

Michele you can put all sorts of special conditions into the contract. This probably would be worth the cost of an attorney to look out for your best interest. Just be sure he's not the best buddy of the sheriff. ;-)

Ryder":217hc9za said:
Once it is all said and done I strongly suspect they are going to do whatever they want to do.

As it is now they only want to rent it with rights of ingress and egress .....push them and they'll own it via eminent domain if they want it bad enough.