Shed

Help Support CattleToday:

SkinMan

Reaction score
I found this shed right in the middle of one of my food plots today. They are usually hard to find in my area because of all the thickets. I wasn't out shed hunting, I was just checking my game camera. But, I guess thats how it goes. You look, and look, and look and never find one. And all of a sudden when your not even thinking about sheds, you walk across one.

wtax43.jpg

It came off of this deer.

6ezzmr.jpg

I have one coastel pasture surrounded by woods and have found those things stuck in a tractor tire.
Not good. :mad: :mad:

Cal

Calman":16mf3x8g said:
I have one coastel pasture surrounded by woods and have found those things stuck in a tractor tire.
Not good. :mad: :mad:

Cal

I find them in the mule tires. Not as expensive as tractor tires

Found the skull and horns of a big eight point I shot and lost last season, he got in about a ten acre thicket that had been logged a couple of years before. Today clearing the thicket found it, he wasn't but a couple hundred feet from were I lost the blood trail. It was just so thick I couldn't find him, looked for two days in that thicket I hate to lose one.

Caustic Burno":2ow9g5bw said:
SkinMan":2ow9g5bw said:
CB
Post a pic if you have one. I was just wanting to see the condition of it.

I will I have it sitting on a fire ant mound right now letting them clean it up.

Fireant mounds are good but I've found that tieing a small cable to the horns and letting the skull down in the pond and tieing off,is much quiker. Those little minnows do a fantastic job even get up in the brain cavity.Don't even have to skin it.

Cal

I haven't tried the pond approach have to remember that one, it takes a little while but the ants will clean one good as well. Then I dip the skull in a bucket of clorox water tied up down to the bottom of the horns and bleach it. Take a can of spray clear coat after makes a pretty decent skull to hang on the shop wall.

Latest posts