Shaking up the top 25!

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
Upset Saturday, LSU, A&M, Clemson, UCLA, Louisville, S. Carolina, Georgia all lost and the Huskies have dropped three straight, say goodbye to the top 25. I will ad the huskies three loses have come from Stanford, Oregon and AZ St all good teams.

UCLA and Louisville did not surprise me but clemson getting blown out that bad did as well as A&M losing did. LSU was a bit of a surprise also.

On another note Oregon's D coordinator called Mike Leach "Low class" for keeping his starters in the whole fourth quarter and passing the ball even on the last play of the game..... Against Oregon's walk ons and scout team. Maybe that's why Oregon has kept him away from the mic up to the last few years. The cougars QB did set a record for most passes in a game with 89, beating Drew Brees's record by 6 passes.

We'll see how the top 25 shakes out and the first BS poll comes out today.

Over all a great Saturday of football and drama.

My Tigers looked like crap against FSU. The real estate salesman should have taken Tajh Boyd out instead of trying to be his buddy. This loss has exposed Clemson's faults and exposed deep schisms in their fanbase. The HUNH (Hurry Up No Huddle) offense is just gimmicky trickeration if it is not heavily run based. Many Clemson fans like myself like a physical run oriented team with a great defense, but many are happy just to run up points on mediocre teams with Chad Morris's razzle dazzle offense and lose to the shamecocks on a regular basis. I do like the DC Brent Venables,but he gets no help from the offensive side.

My Sooners have gone from an average team to not a very good team...we have problems on both sides of the ball! :( We could lose four more games and one of those will be a blowout! I dread playing Baylor.

I was thinking the same thing. They have some turf games coming up. UM is looking real good. The Noles have very strong schedule, maybe one of the hardest.

M5farm":3n3ca1ro said:
#2 ......

Well at least in the last year of the BS poll they are consistent. Ducks have their toughest games ahead of them, we'll see but not holding my breath.

Alan":1tyf8fhn said:
M5farm":1tyf8fhn said:
#2 ......

Well at least in the last year of the BS poll they are consistent. Ducks have their toughest games ahead of them, we'll see but not holding my breath.

it's gonna be hard for us to hold number 2 since the gaytors have fell out of the top 25. we have to finish with impressive wins and the ducks will have to lay an egg or 2.

M5farm":3oa36d3b said:
Alan":3oa36d3b said:
M5farm":3oa36d3b said:
#2 ......

it's gonna be hard for us to hold number 2 since the gaytors have fell out of the top 25. we have to finish with impressive wins and the ducks will have to lay an egg or 2.

What the heck M5....if you don't make the big one at least you'll probably get to play BAYLOR :shock: :shock: :shock: ;-)

Alan":z60w9tng said:
M5farm":z60w9tng said:
#2 ......

In all honesty, I really don't have a problem with Fl St being ranked #2, they really put it to a #3 Clemson. Also I agree, lots of season left. Ducks have a highly ranked one loss UCLA this Saturday in Eugene, then a bye week and Stanford on the farm on a Thursday night game ...... big chance to lay an egg or two.

I really would like to see how good Baylor is, they have a very good offense and what is needed to run the spread, fast tempo offense, a very good running game, a QB that can run, and good receivers. I don't know how good the D is, but if you put up 60 or 70 how good does the D need to be?

I think Mizzou is overhyped at #5 but with back to back wins over Georgia and Florida they looked good. Finishing off Georgia and beating Florida with a back-up QB was impressive for this Tiger fan? If we can stay healthy, minus Franklin, we ought to finish the season strong. We're also looking really good in the SEC-East.

J&D Cattle":29uvvoyc said:
I think Mizzou is overhyped at #5 but with back to back wins over Georgia and Florida they looked good. Finishing off Georgia and beating Florida with a back-up QB was impressive for this Tiger fan? If we can stay healthy, minus Franklin, we ought to finish the season strong. We're also looking really good in the SEC-East.

just beat bama in sec championship game so FSU can show them quack heads from Oregon some defense.

M5farm":2k1g7sip said:
J&D Cattle":2k1g7sip said:

just beat bama in sec championship game so FSU can show them quack heads from Oregon some defense.

:mrgreen: BRING IT ON!

Alan":ukcmqe1n said:
M5farm":ukcmqe1n said:
J&D Cattle":ukcmqe1n said:

FSU right now is the better team. Oregon has never seen a D like that. I'm not so sure Bama could hang with FSU right now either. At this moment they are the best team in the country.

TOP 5 should be-
1. FSU
2. Bama
3.Mizzou
4.Ohio St
5. Baylor

Alan":xl7s76p4 said:
M5farm":xl7s76p4 said:
J&D Cattle":xl7s76p4 said:

Those are fighting words M5. :D

Doubt we can hang with Bama but I sure hope we get the chance.

this is the first time in years that I believe FSU can win. I was looking forward to Jacob Coaker as qtr back and this kid Winston took his job from him.

Alan":1brjif3c said:
I really would like to see how good Baylor is, they have a very good offense and what is needed to run the spread, fast tempo offense, a very good running game, a QB that can run, and good receivers. I don't know how good the D is, but if you put up 60 or 70 how good does the D need to be?

Mostly all against Division 2 teams and poor Division 1 teams. Haven't come up against anyone with a defense yet or a test of their own defense.

Latest posts