Sewing Machines

Help Support CattleToday:

ollie'

Reaction score
My wife's sewing machine is wore out. I am getting her a new one. If she is a good girl I might get her a new mop. ;-) Any of ya'll know anything about them. She likes a Viking or a New Home (I think). Any likes or dislikes?

Don't buy a Brother brand....I've had mine for several years..and yes it sews good when it's working. Dang thing has to be dismantled after every hours use (according to the manufacturer) and they aint lyin......be sewin along and it just clogs up and makes knots....take it apart, clean it and oil it and put it back together again, works like a charm.....

I Just think one should work longer than an hour without havin to do all that. Beginnin to think my old treadle singer 1885 model is the way to go LOL

jersey lilly":2beo6exn said:
Beginnin to think my old treadle singer 1885 model is the way to go LOL
She has one of those old treadle singer machines that was my granny's. It sews the neatest little stitches and works every time.

This one belonged to my great granny, then she handed it down to my granny when she married. It's the machine I learned to sew on, startin at age three, when all I could do was turn the wheel by hand cuz I couldnt reach the treadle

I have a Singer that I got as a Christmas present when I was about 18 or 19 years old. It is still going strong! If you want to know how old mine is, pm me Ollie.

Can't beat a Singer and you can still get parts for the old ones.
I bought my from the factory refurbished. Kinda like a remaned transmission, same shell...all new guts.
Works great.

I'm sure if that good woman puts up with you, ollie she more than deserves a new sewing machine. AND one of them fancy mops that you push a button and the stuff squirts out. No more scrubbing.

ollie'

While you are at it - get her some pink fluffy slippers, a lime green housecoat and some of those real big orange and pink curlers. :lol:

She will probably appreciate them just as much as YOUR selection for a sewing machine.

Bez'

Bez'":3nzz1tr4 said:
ollie'

While you are at it - get her some pink fluffy slippers, a lime green housecoat and some of those real big orange and pink curlers. :lol:

She will probably appreciate them just as much as YOUR selection for a sewing machine.

Bez'
She is already a house wife hottie!Slippers, robe , curlers and all. She looks good in them too.

ollie'":288c6j3v said:
My wife's sewing machine is wore out. I am getting her a new one. If she is a good girl I might get her a new mop. ;-) Any of ya'll know anything about them. She likes a Viking or a New Home (I think). Any likes or dislikes?
I bought my wife a Singer model 2662 last year and she loves it. She has even started doing some custom sewing for other people. It is amazing what she can do with one of those things. I would probably sew my fingers together.

my wife has a pfaff that has to be at least 50++ yrs old that my mother gave her, my wife used it almost daily when the kids were growing up and we would take it in for a tuneup once a yr! the rest of the time it worked fantastic,
she also has 2 old old treadle singers that work very well also,
i agree stay away from brother
usually can't go wrong with singer, they been in business forever!! :D :D

I just looked up the Viking and New Home machines. They are computerized!
I'm sure not smart enough to run one of them.

certherfbeef":6gj3nbla said:
I just looked up the Viking and New Home machines. They are computerized!
I'm sure not smart enough to run one of them.
She is alot smarter than you!

It's a joke! settle down and quit calling me those bad names. :D
She already knew they were computerized and she didn't like that . She wanted me to post it here and see what ya'll like.

Now ollie, you know me well enough to know I would never call you a bad name. Off color maybe, but never a bad one. :lol:

I really do think I need to meet your wife. She must be an angel!

certherfbeef":1tujjfeb said:
I really do think I need to meet your wife. She must be an angel!
She is due up for parole in August of 2008. I should be able to hook you up with a meeting then.

hey ollie better get your wife the best sewing machine you can. gotta keep your red flannel longjohns in good repair.scott

ollie'":292gq2dy said:
Bez'":292gq2dy said:
ollie'

Bez'
She is already a house wife hottie!Slippers, robe , curlers and all. She looks good in them too.

I surely hope you make a point of showing this post to HER!

:lol: :lol:

Stay well,

Bez'

ollie'":385kb2w9 said:
Bez'":385kb2w9 said:
ollie'

Bez'
Sounds like a man doing some back pedaling to me :lol:

hey ollie better get your wife the best sewing machine you can. gotta keep your red flannel longjohns in good repair.scott

Amen, brother bigbull!! He oughta get her WHATEVER she wants....

:)

HatCreekFan":16mjs4pz said:

Amen, brother bigbull!! He oughta get her WHATEVER she wants....

:)

Hear that ollie'?

Better brush the dust off of your wallet and get the oil can out and lube it up. That wallet is gonna be opening REAL wide I figure.

It's gonna' costya' !!!!

:lol:

Bez'

I prefer singer myself. The one thing I insist on is a heavy duty machine as I am always mending jeans or lined overalls. I look for industrial versions and stay away from commercial versions. Mine was built for home ec classes in high schools. They are built to take alot of abuse.

Latest posts