Sensitivity Training

Help Support CattleToday:

Oh I am not becoming sensitive as I was already there.

I know I am sweet as that's what Honey calls me every morning.
She will holler something like breakfast is ready you syrup sopping S*B I took that as "Sweet Thang".

CB: What you are suggesting is brilliant, I have noticed that after someone posts a picture and people are truthful with them about the animal, in, shall we say a negative way, it cuts down on the really bad cow/bull pictures for a while. Now much of the entertainment value of this site is reading the reviews on really bad cattle. At least for me. :D This may lull them into a false sense of security and encourage more of those posts. There would have to be some sort of signal on when to resume truthfulness...... :D

**** the Sensitivity Training!!!!!!!! This world is getting so full of PETA pushing, green peace, brokeback, vagina wiped, gay married, pro choice, momas boys it makes me sick :mad: !!!!!!!!!!

I am away for a bit and had an interesting chat over the telephone with my wife.

Had a cow die two days ago. It had the nerve to die about 3 weeks before calving. Cost me a whole winters feeding.

Wife hauled it out to the front of the house for the dead wagon to come and get it.

Dead wagon called back and said - "We can't come for two days - sorry".

Wife calls me and says - "What do you think I should do - haul it back in the field?"

I said - "Nope - coyotes will get it. Leave it on the front lawn".

She says - "The local church ladies group is coming by for a tour of the farm and some tea - they will see it."

I said - "Go to the shop and get that big blue canvass tarp and cover the dead cow. Throw a couple of tires on the edges of the tarp in case the wind comes up."

Wife calls back and says -"Visit went well, and the only person who asked was another farmers wife. That old girl said she had to do the same thing last year just before her oldest daughter brought home her fiance's parents for their first visit."

Wife also said she figured most of the group were afraid to ask what was under the tarp.

There you go - I am sensitive to the needs of my wife, and made sure there was a solution available for her - after all I did not want her embarassed by that dead cow laying there with no cover over it.

It is important to show sensitivity - that way folks like Roadapple can see we are not as bad as he would have you all think.

Bez!

Bez, I am laughing out loud at your story. I love it. There's probably nothing that a blue tarp can't 'fix.'

Caustic Burno":1t5kig7x said:
Oh I am not becoming sensitive as I was already there.

I know I am sweet as that's what Honey calls me every morning.
She will holler something like breakfast is ready you syrup sopping S*B I took that as "Sweet Thang".

I take it the S*B Stands for "Sweet ole Burno"?

I object to the sensitivity training..... :shock:

I want the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I have been on the honest, negative end of comments, and I was brought up with the knowledge that "the truth hurts sometimes" and that is fine with me....the honesty.

I am hard headed and stubborn, those would be EPD's when you cross an Irish and a German. I need the truth to be told to me straight, no sugar coating.... so if you all are going to be "sensitive", then just remember to PM with the straight shooting honest truthful opinions. I'm sorry if this causes an increased number of posts to you, but being sensitive trained I'm sure you'll agree it is all worth it to make me happy. ;-)

I am here to learn and ask questions about cattle and operations. If I wanted sensitivity I would go, well I don't know where I'd go, but it wouldn't be here. ;-)

Thank you... Michele :lol:

Bez!":1de1kp3z said:
I am away for a bit and had an interesting chat over the telephone with my wife.

Had a cow die two days ago. It had the nerve to die about 3 weeks before calving. Cost me a whole winters feeding.

Wife hauled it out to the front of the house for the dead wagon to come and get it.

Dead wagon called back and said - "We can't come for two days - sorry".

Wife calls me and says - "What do you think I should do - haul it back in the field?"

I said - "Nope - coyotes will get it. Leave it on the front lawn".

She says - "The local church ladies group is coming by for a tour of the farm and some tea - they will see it."

I said - "Go to the shop and get that big blue canvass tarp and cover the dead cow. Throw a couple of tires on the edges of the tarp in case the wind comes up."

Wife calls back and says -"Visit went well, and the only person who asked was another farmers wife. That old girl said she had to do the same thing last year just before her oldest daughter brought home her fiance's parents for their first visit."

Wife also said she figured most of the group were afraid to ask what was under the tarp.

There you go - I am sensitive to the needs of my wife, and made sure there was a solution available for her - after all I did not want her embarassed by that dead cow laying there with no cover over it.

It is important to show sensitivity - that way folks like Roadapple can see we are not as bad as he would have you all think.

Bez!

Now that is world class sensitivity, I nominate you for Husband of the year. :D

mitchwi":2ntaxoaa said:
If I wanted sensitivity I would go, well I don't know where I'd go, but it wouldn't be here. ;-)

If I want sensitivity training I order a double order of chicken wings - Suicide Sauce Please! I do this when my hemorroids are already the size of golf balls.

Then I go cultivate a field that somebody has just "experimented" on with a mouldboard plow.

That will teach you sensitivity!! ( Even if it is localized ). :lol:

Caustic -
I swear - if you go all sensitive on us I am never coming back to this board again. I think I'll go looking for a stuffed animal board or something.

Bullbuyer":3abock8r said:
Caustic -
I swear - if you go all sensitive on us I am never coming back to this board again. I think I'll go looking for a stuffed animal board or something.

Don't worry aint happening its kinda like tryin to put a wild housecat in a dryer on the fluff cycle (did that as a kid) fin's fur and feathers are fixin to fly. Mom did not find near the humor in that as I did at the time.

PS don't stick them in rural mailboxes either them cats is mad and people just don't find humor in that either .

PS again a housecat can crap a 10 quart bucket full of s**t in a mailbox, I know had to clean one out. Will also do the same in dyer on fluff cycle.

Caustic Burno":2h9uf5au said:
Don't worry aint happening .

Glad to hear it! Thought we might be lossing one of the good ones there for a min. ;-)

1848":35wwmcrr said:
Here's one more fine quote we will just have to find restraint for:

"I assume that all baldy male cattle are steered out? If so why?"

Here's my Sensitive answer:

Not all baldy male calves are steered out, but they are very marketable non the less, and they bring top dollar at the sale barn. Some good baldies are being used in commercial herds as herd sires.

Here's my "other" answer:

Never "assume" anything when it comes to cattle. If it comes down to the n_t cutting even the hairy ones get cut! :lol: :lol:

1848, I guess your sensitive answer was aimed at me since I asked the question. If you would have read the rest of the post you would have seen that I also said that the reason that I was asking as I have never seen a baldy bull being used in my area. I am sure that there are plenty of instances where someone can point out where a baldy bull is being used on a commercial herd. Since I have never seen one used in my area but see lots of baldy calves I figured that the vast majority if not all in this area are cut. After seeing hundreds of bulls go through the three local sale barns over the last three years and none of them being baldies I can be pretty sure that they are not being used here. Hence my question of why.

Your sensitive answer could have been much like another poster ( ga. prime) who answered with a sensible statement like "The answer to that is that most folks want a purebred bull of known pedigree".

mitchwi":1wz55ohh said:
I object to the sensitivity training..... :shock:

I want the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I have been on the honest, negative end of comments, and I was brought up with the knowledge that "the truth hurts sometimes" and that is fine with me....the honesty.

I am hard headed and stubborn, those would be EPD's when you cross an Irish and a German. I need the truth to be told to me straight, no sugar coating.... so if you all are going to be "sensitive", then just remember to PM with the straight shooting honest truthful opinions. I'm sorry if this causes an increased number of posts to you, but being sensitive trained I'm sure you'll agree it is all worth it to make me happy. ;-)

I am here to learn and ask questions about cattle and operations. If I wanted sensitivity I would go, well I don't know where I'd go, but it wouldn't be here. ;-)

Hey! Y'all need to move down here to Arkansas! ;-) :) :cboy:

Bullbuyer":39xrsedc said:
Caustic -
Bullbuyer, I was just fixin' to suggest we all go to Beanie Babies.com.

HOSS":1uubg4ez said:
1848, I guess your sensitive answer was aimed at me since I asked the question. If you would have read the rest of the post you would have seen that I also said that the reason that I was asking as I have never seen a baldy bull being used in my area. I am sure that there are plenty of instances where someone can point out where a baldy bull is being used on a commercial herd. Since I have never seen one used in my area but see lots of baldy calves I figured that the vast majority if not all in this area are cut. After seeing hundreds of bulls go through the three local sale barns over the last three years and none of them being baldies I can be pretty sure that they are not being used here. Hence my question of why.

Your sensitive answer could have been much like another poster ( ga. prime) who answered with a sensible statement like "The answer to that is that most folks want a purebred bull of known pedigree".

I read your "whole" post to begin with. :roll: I chose what I wanted to use for "this" thread. Apparently your too sensitive to understand it was being used for humor....and yes, I had to get past wanting to answer it like ga prime, so I could relate it to this thread. :shock: This thread is not for your level of sensitivity, so don't go asumming I don't take into account your experience and background. If you were so sure that there are plenty of instances where someone can point out where a baldy bull is being used on a commercial herd, then you should have been content with my answer and got on with it. You even listed it as a "dumb question" in the first place! :lol: ..and in your post you said "all" black baldies! :D.

You should have not posted here to begin with...quit your whinning! :D

Latest posts