Sensitivity Training

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
Seem's that we all should take a little sensitivity training.
Feelings have been exposed on several post lately
How to respond to the people posting pics of animals that should
have been Hormel Chili instead of the herd bull or brood cow.

We should tell them they are great, makes ours worth more at the salebarn.

Please feel free to add sensitive responses to be used in the future.

Caustic Burno":271vriqb said:
Seem's that we all should take a little sensitivity training.
Feelings have been exposed on several post lately
How to respond to the people posting pics of animals that should
have been Hormel Chili instead of the herd bull or brood cow.

We should tell them they are great, makes ours worth more at the salebarn.

Please feel free to add sensitive responses to be used in the future.

Sensitivity training? Isn't that what happens when one hits their thumb with a hammer? :?: As far as I'm concerned, if you don't want honest opinions you ought not to hang your bull or cows out there for all the world to see. Of course, you do have a very valid point about making ours worth more.......hmmmmmmm, I'm going to have to think about this a little more. ;-) :lol: :lol:

How bout just picking out the "good" points. You know..like
"nice ears" on them Brahman crosses, or "Awsome hair" on the highlanders, perhaps "nifty rack" on the long horns, or even "got the right color" on the black animals.....but my favorite complement?....."good teeth" for them Arkansas cattle. ;-) :lol: :lol:

1848":2130n19r said:
"nice ears" on them Brahman crosses, or "Awsome hair" on the highlanders, perhaps "nifty rack" on the long horns, or even "got the right color" on the black animals.....but my favorite complement?....."good teeth" for them Arkansas cattle. ;-) :lol: :lol:

Diplomacy at its finest! :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

1848":3d9u38hi said:

Careful we might have some Ak. boys that resemble there cattle. :shock:

Maybe we could do them a favor and just show them how to palp..... nice, slow and easy like! :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

Those Arkansas breeders were the ones who were suggesting they feed "gum" under the "feeding cows candy" post! :lol:

How bout the breeder who admitted he would possibly consider "banging" his steers and bulls under the beginners post! baaahhahahaha! :lol:

1848":1hzclwq3 said:
Those Arkansas breeders were the ones who were suggesting they feed "gum" under the "feeding cows candy" post! :lol:

Wouldn't a bunch of cows standing around nursing their calves and blowing bubbles be a sure indiction of contentedness? :eek: :eek:

Here's one more fine quote we will just have to find restraint for:

"I assume that all baldy male cattle are steered out? If so why?"

Here's my Sensitive answer:

Not all baldy male calves are steered out, but they are very marketable non the less, and they bring top dollar at the sale barn. Some good baldies are being used in commercial herds as herd sires.

Here's my "other" answer:

Never "assume" anything when it comes to cattle. If it comes down to the n_t cutting even the hairy ones get cut! :lol: :lol:

Here's another:

"a real front pasture bull" (or cow) :roll:

Keep the ugly ones (the ones that you keep cause they work) hid out in the worst pastures and conditions, and put the good looking pampered centerfold picture bull or cow which cost an arm and a leg in the nice well groomed supplemented pasture so he or she can draw all the customers! Hide all the rest! Something is wrong with that statement. :shock:

1848":14bhv2oz said:
Here's another:

"a real front pasture bull" (or cow) :roll:

Keep the ugly ones (the ones that you keep cause they work) hid out in the worst pastures and conditions, and put the good looking pampered centerfold picture bull or cow which cost an arm and a leg in the nice well groomed supplemented pasture so he or she can draw all the customers! Hide all the rest! Something is wrong with that statement. :shock:

I'm not going to argue with you on that!

I think maybe Caustic and Bez should have a few seminars on being sensitive to posters.

We should also probably be using terms like there is no bad cattle all cattle are gods creatures and he loves them all equally.

And encourage them when their cattle bring $30 HWT less at sale, you know poor people need beef also and you are just doing your part to feed the poor.

And when they post pictures of them pretty bulls, we can encourage them, Sure nice of you to take that $800.00 bull of the neighbors hands so he did not have to haul him to the sale barn!

We just need to think and speak positive! ;-)

Aplusmnt, you thought Bez and "Ol C B" should attend sensitivity training seminars. I've read where axe handles, Louisville sluggers, and 357 mags. are used training cattle to be more sensitive to their owners. Do you suppose that would work on them? Ahh, probably not on "Ol Crusty" Just a thought.

I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes!

Caustic Burno advocates "Sensitivity Training"???

What next?? "Satan speaks out for Christianity"!!

Has he OD'd on Brokeback Mountain??

Where will it end????

:lol: :lol:

Roadapple":1l423kl7 said:
Aplusmnt, you thought Bez and "Ol C B" should attend sensitivity training seminars. I've read where axe handles, Louisville sluggers, and 357 mags. are used training cattle to be more sensitive to their owners. Do you suppose that would work on them? Ahh, probably not on "Ol Crusty" Just a thought.

No I thought the should teach some seminars not attend them. :)

Latest posts