Semen tanks...

Help Support CattleToday:

Baldie Maker

Reaction score
Last year in the spring accelerated ran a special on most of their semen tanks. They had one that they normally charge 750 for 500. If they do that this year I may purchase one, but I have some questions about it. When i buy a tank, is that all i get? does it contain any of the things (for lack of a better word) that hold the straws? Will they hit me with another 200 in things that i'll need to make the tank operable?

Normally they come with a fgull complement of canisters. Those spring sales are a good deal. The tanks are typically used to ship large quantities of semen to the western ranches for their AI season. When they;re done they ship them back. They still carry the fully gaurantee

I bought a new one March of last year and it had all the canisters with it. Just had it filled with nitrogen and semen and I was in business. Just as a note, there are a lot of decent sized tanks for under $500. You don't have to get a super-tanker if you are only keeping a few racks of semen.

CT Cryogenics which is part of Cattle Today, Inc. is going to introduce a new line of semen tanks in the next couple of weeks starting at $349. All tanks include 6 cannisters and a protective insulated cover. We'll let you know when they are shipping. We really think they are a great tank at a great price.

M Gravlee":2weka4ll said:
CT Cryogenics which is part of Cattle Today, Inc. is going to introduce a new line of semen tanks in the next couple of weeks starting at $349. All tanks include 6 cannisters and a protective insulated cover. We'll let you know when they are shipping. We really think they are a great tank at a great price.

Macon'

Can you post an announcement on here when the new line comes out? I would be interested in a small tank.

M Gravlee":a3c1k0s0 said:

That's an awesome price. We bought our new one in 2003 and we got a heck of a deal from Alta Genetics and it was still 650 and that sounds like the same size as ours 6 canisters.

When you buy one they come with everything and if a rep delivers it they usually fill it with nitrogen at no extra cost.

HOSS":353d48v2 said:
M Gravlee":353d48v2 said:

Macon'

Can you post an announcement on here when the new line comes out? I would be interested in a small tank.

Will do.

Latest posts