Semen Cane Code

Help Support CattleToday:

Bertch

Reaction score
I was given 5 units of HO 0062. I bred some beef cows to this bull not knowing he was holstein but I cant find any information on him. Anybody know who he is?

Bertch":tap9i441 said:
I was given 5 units of HO 0062. I bred some beef cows to this bull not knowing he was holstein but I cant find any information on him. Anybody know who he is?

No offence, but what did you think the HO stood for ? :? If you know enough how to AI ,then you should know the straw proticals and breed prefixes... Am I the only one scratching my head here. :help:

Just go through what Dun said, assuming you kept the straw records .

Crikey...

Well if you make a beef dairy cross - does the relative genetic merit of the sire and dam really matter?

I thought we had a consistent coding/straw packing system in this country (NZ) - then started using imported stuff and semen packed by other companies. I can't always pick the breed from the straw any more - but liked it when using lots of bright colours so that I could glance at the inseminator and know for sure (without squinting to read the visible part of the code) that I'd selected the right one for that cow out of the four I was holding between my teeth.

Latest posts