Dairy Semen

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
Boy is that tough to find out here.
Called our local semen sales and they only had 4 Jersey bulls to pick from.
Couldn't get the bull cowpollinator recommended.

My choice was Louis, Maximus, Kwartz, and Miles. these were the names I was given. Only one I could really find on the internet was Kwartz.

Also read about a bull called Q Impuls. looked at his info, not too bad, but there was another bull who's data looked better. Can't get either one though.

Any of the studs should be more then happy to ship semen to you. It's pricey but you can get what you want.

What stud are you dealing with?
Maximus, if he's the same Maximus that I know of, is a good bull. He's with ABS now but he's breeder proven so there's alot of semen out there with other studs from the same bull.
If you'll post their registration numbers I'll look them up and see what kind of potential I see. I've been heavy into the little brown cows for about ten years and sometimes the proofs(epd's in beef speak) don't tell the whole story.
I can also inquire with ABS as to just who is in your area and see if maybe they can make a few units available somewhere close to you. :D

do you have an ABS or COBA rep in your area.if so they would have jersey bulls you could pick from.

If there is bigbull I have yet to meet them.

Thanks novaman. That is an interesting bull.
Our vet has another guy who has a Jersey milk cow also looking for semen.

hopalong":2doglv5g said:
http://www.bovine-elite.com/jerse.asp

Jay Nansel, Billings MT 406-698-6711 ... Select sires rep.

Hopes this helps
I wouldn't use any of the bulls you listed. Reliability is 60-61%! I can pick up genomic bulls with absolutely zero progeny that are in the 74-75% range.

ok here is a good link www.dairybulls.com u can search by name or number.....they have a lot in their data bank unless it is a young sire.... also selectsires.com now has a full search engine for ALL bulls regardless of "who" they are!!! question is tho, what are you wanting to bred for? meaning, stature, dairyness, milk???? sorry im new and just trying to help.... also factors such as calving ease is a good point and gender select semen is available at least thru SS, which is who we use and im sure they can get you whatever you would like out of their lineup :) give me a little more info as to what you are looking for and i will help ya out!