Select Synch Question

Help Support CattleToday:

GRTiger85

Reaction score
I have a group of 5 cows set up. They got their gnrh shot last friday 4/ 28 and will get their PG shot tomorrow night. My question is I had one in standing heat yesterday (weds). I went ahead and Ai'd her, does she still get her PG shot with all the others? been so long since i took my ai school that i cant remember 100%. They are in with a jersey spotter bull so I know when theyre standing with no doubt.

No, don't give her the PG shot just heat detect in 21 days. If you did give her the PG it probably would do no harm being very early in her cycle but I would not like to take the risk.

Ken

If you do the 7 day tai and they come into standing heat before the gnrh shot, do you still give the GnRH when you breed them? Or just breed them in standing heat and forget the gnrh?

Cbeck01":1pwlvsw4 said:
If you do the 7 day tai and they come into standing heat before the gnrh shot, do you still give the GnRH when you breed them? Or just breed them in standing heat and forget the gnrh?
Probably not necessary if you follow the am/pm rule but a lot of people will give it to make sure ovulation happens sooner rather than later.

Ken

Latest posts