Select o Speed Trans.

Help Support CattleToday:

We've never owned one but around here people say to stay away from them because when, not if, they break down it is usually cheaper to replace the trans with an 8-speed than to fix the select-o-speed. I would also be concerned about the availability of parts. I've had four fords with the 8-speed and really like them. My 7600 and 7710 have dual power which is really nice in some instances, but not necessary. The 4000's are nice tractors otherwise and have a good reputation around here. They are easy on fuel yet strong enough to run a haybine or small round baler. Hope this helps.

they are good tractors.but id make sure all the gears work.an dont stick.an shift nice an smooth.theres 1 thing to watch about them.an thats this they could accadently jump into gear so if i was getting off the tractor id kill it.scott

I have had one and would not recomend them. If you do purchase the tractor take it directly to a shop and put the 8 speed in it and you will save time, money, and headaches.JHH

I never had one but around here they have a bad reputation , my neighbor had two them , he called them jerkomatics. I have a 6600 with 8 speed with dual power with over 7000 hours and never had any problems.

Latest posts