seeding pasture by the sign

Help Support CattleToday:

rjbovine

Reaction score
Broadcast seeded pasture and hay ground to day. Weather was great 70 degrees this afternoon . So tonight I thought I would check the sign of the moon to see if today was good for clover/timothy . Goggled moon sign . Not sure the sign was favorable to seed today . Dad always said couldn't get anything done by looking at the sky . Anyway the seed is on and there calling for rain later this week . I'll keep my fingers crossed that some will come up . What would be a good rule of thumb to plant by the sign of the moon ? Thanks for sharing .

I'd say plant when the moon is getting covered with clouds from the rain getting ready to fall right after you plant.

jkwilson":2qubywqx said:
I'd say plant when the moon is getting covered with clouds from the rain getting ready to fall right after you plant.
No better sign than that.... :lol: .....unless there is one that says it is going to rain again withing 60 days! :mad:

I've always heard you want the full moon regressing which is right now! We've sown one field and getting ready to do the others.

Sizmic

sizmic":ypimdm4f said:
I've always heard you want the full moon regressing which is right now! We've sown one field and getting ready to do the others.

Sizmic

Yep. Having the moon a few minutes later in the sky has all kinds of effects on plant growth.

Speaking of signs. I talked with an old timer last weekend that said according to the OFA we're supposed to have heavy snow on 27 March. Sure hope he or it is wrong

Thanks for all the replies. Looked at the almanack, still can't make up from down on planting recommendations .

Latest posts